Senior Lead Architect - Cloud at JPMorgan Chase (Houston, TX)
If you are excited about shaping the future of technology and driving significant business impact in financial services, we are looking for people just like you. Join our team and help us develop game-changing, high-quality solutions.
As a Senior Lead Architect at JPMorgan Chase within the Finance Risk Data and Controls Corporate Data Services Team, you are an integral part of a team that works to develop high-quality architecture solutions for various software applications and platforms products. You drive significant business impact and help shape the target state architecture through your capabilities in multiple architecture domains.
- Provides feedback and proposes improvements to architecture governance practices
- Guides evaluation of current technology and leads evaluation of new technologies using existing standards and frameworks
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Drives decisions that influence product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Provide oversight and guidance on the best practices for coding, testing, and deployment.
- Create product documentations, lab and other training materials and lead training sessions to educate technical and business user teams.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 5+ years applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture, applications, and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Practical cloud native experience
- Ability to evaluate current and emerging technologies to select or recommend the best solutions for the future state architecture
- Advanced in Java programming
- Hands-on practical experience on Databricks
- Practical experience on Snowflake, Lake Formation, Thoughtspot, AtScale, Immuta, Apache NiFi, or DataHub
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands-on experience on AWS serverless services (Lambda, stepFunction, Event Bridge, DynamoDB)
- Hands-on experience on Mongo DB
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.