Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers of an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating to a single cloud native platform so we can test and learn faster. The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. We're utilizing industry best practices and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, Github, SignalFX, Figma, and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Be part of a team developing native iOS and Android solutions for an engaged member base.
- Be involved in designing, implementing, and maturing code.
- Build polished UI and code that interacts with a feature rich RESTful web service.
- Build UI which has a flare of elegance; tasteful animations, transitions, built from a thoughtful Pattern Lib.
- Learn, improve, stretch, and from that, mentor and lead.
- Engage with other Devs, Product, Creative, QA, and Marketing within an Agile model.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Well, that's pretty much listed above but here are a few others...
- 5+ years building mobile apps
- Mastery of the iOS Frameworks and Swift (with a working knowledge of Objective C).
- A mastery of designing solutions; simple, clear, flexible without being over-designed.
- A deep care for quality; from user experiences to variables.
- Experience building one or more apps, over a multi-year period, where you were one of the main developers.
- A solid handle on the normal stuff; Object Oriented Programing, design patterns, algorithms, data structures.
- A developed, intuitive, understanding about mobile, its constraints, and pattern to overcome them.
- Well organized, attentive to details, and communicates well.
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected].**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).