Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
Able is seeking a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you are partner obsessed and passionate about bringing disciplines together. You are an active listener, who will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and launch software products. For each product, you will work closely with our clients, learn about their business priorities and user needs, work with them to define the problems, and collaborate with our team to define and build the solution.What you’ll be doing
- Build server-side applications and RESTful API’s using Ruby and Rails
- Develop client-side applications using React, Redux, HTML5 and CSS3
- Employe testing best practices to guide the code-design decisions, while ensuring product health using E2E suites
- Build applications that are secure, robust, and scalable
- You have 6+ years experience as a Software Engineer (or equivalent)
- You understand MVC architectures and have the ability to use databases such as PostgreSQL and Redis
- You are comfortable using HTML and CSS when collaborating with Product Designers
- You have a passion for collaborating and solving complex problems
- You look for professional development opportunities daily and are eager to learn
- You have experience building modern, responsive and interactive web applications
- You have verbal and written proficiency in English
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.