Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our Healthcare Management System Engineering team. We build products and tools for Business Operations teams of Chewy’s Online Pharmacy business. You will play a critical role in defining, designing and delivering user experiences, features and solutions for Healthcare Management Platform for a leading online pet retailer in the US that is having exponential growth in this sector. This role offers a unique opportunity to work with a self driven and innovative team that’s passionate about new technology trends and is working towards building a world class product using the latest tools and technology stacks and is critical for success of our pharmacy business.
What you'll do:
You will be joining the Software Engineering team focused on Healthcare Management and will be responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation, Proof of Concepts, and technical leadership of HMS platform. You'll have significant influence over the vision, features, and design of this mission critical platform. Working with other technology teams, you and your team will design and build interfaces that integrate with vendors, internal applications as well as packaged applications. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the key Customer Service business. You will write simple and sustainable code that reflects a constant understanding of the business impacts and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving startup like environment and have a significant role in its success. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team.
What you'll need:
Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering new features and products along with commitment to team work and strong business and technical communication skills are absolutely necessary. You should possess exceptional technical skills that are needed for creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, and practical experience building high quality technology products & services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications in web technologies (Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring Batch & AWS technologies)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems with service oriented architecture.
- Strong background with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of retail e-commerce.
- Position may require travel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies a plus.
- Good communication skills with both technical and business people.
- Experience with Jenkins / CICD pipeline and test automation.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]