As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
Our CRM engineering teams are growing in size and number, with a balanced mix of experiences and skill levels. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for continuing to grow high functioning teams based on the principles of kindness, communication, inclusion and resilience. Your day-to-day will consist of prioritizing the demands on the team, developing deep relationships with your direct reports through 1:1s, career pathing, and mentoring, removing blockers and championing improvements to make the team more productive and satisfied.
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you are the primary conduit for information to and from your team - so communication skills and the ability to set expectations upward, sideways and to your direct reports are key. While you won't be writing code, you'll be expected to understand the technical challenges that face the team, have a broad understanding of the stack so that you can advocate for better practices, tech debt resolution, and novel engineering solutions.
Our CRM customers are deeply invested in the product, and every sale they make is a measure of the team's success. For that reason, the Engineering Managers for the team need to be equally invested in the CRM's success. Our CRM teams run on a model of "three-in-a-box" and you'll create partnerships with your Product Manager and Designer to set team goals, plan for technical advancements, and innovate for our customers.
What your day could consist of:
- Lead multiple teams of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problemsMaintain rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Contribute to and/or execute on the organization's vision and standards around security, quality, observability and clean code
- Support legacy and modern services and applications in the public cloud and deploy them through CI/CD practicesCreate a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, inclusivity, innovation, learning, respect and transparency while holding a high bar for craftsmanship
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to ensure we're building great products
- Demonstrate problem solving and technical innovation through "rolling-up sleeves" and "getting hands dirty"
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- Share knowledge with team members via a formal mentoring relationship, reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks and JIT feedback
- Work closely with the People Team to hire talented and high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds
What is needed:
- 5+ Experience building and deploying scalable applications in the cloud using CI/CD/CT practices in one of the following languages: Java, Python or PHP
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Solid database experience in SQL, NoSQL and event streaming technologies
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.