Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote) at Scope AR
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:20 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Scope AR is the pioneer of enterprise-class augmented reality solutions, delivering the industry’s only cross-platform AR tools for getting workers the knowledge they need, when they need it. The company is revolutionizing the way enterprises work and collaborate by offering AR tools that provide more effective and efficient knowledge-sharing to conduct complex remote tasks, employee training, product and equipment assembly, maintenance and repair, field and customer support, and more.
The company’s device-agnostic technology supports smartphones, tablets and wearables, making it easy for leading organizations like Johnson & Johnson, Danaher, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, and others to leverage AR as a new way to scale their organizations globally, with greater efficiency.
Working at Scope AR provides you the opportunity to have a real and major impact on the way products around the globe get created and how work gets done.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling and securing server and network infrastructure of our services, both for the Scope AR Cloud and for on-premise installations, often for large, security conscious customers. You will play a key role in delivering the services our software depends upon, and be essential to our success.
- Work with development teams to automate and streamline releases of our mission-critical distributed systems
- Based on our customers’ needs, design infrastructure configurations, both for our hosted services and for on-premise installations
- Anticipate changes to infrastructure to meet customers’ changing needs
- Write scripts to automate installations, maintenance, migrations, etc.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer VMs and networks for our hosted infrastructure
- Improve our Kubernetes configuration set up for high availability and scalability to support our products
- Improve and execute on security policies, identify and resolve security issues
- Run scans, and harden server images, configuration, networks and environments
- Monitor services infrastructure performance; analyze issues, recommend and implement changes
- Automate testing of configuration and scripts
- Load/stress test configurations
- Create and run tests to determine scaling characteristics
- Document DevOps processes: develop standards to guide operations, support and maintenance
- Work with our customer to establish suitable network configurations and security policies to run our software
- Provide top tier support for on-premise installations
- Respond to security and infrastructure questions
- Plan and execute on meeting compliance requirements
- Minimum 5 yrs in a devops role
- Very good Linux knowledge
- Familiarity with CI/CD piplelines using Jenkins/Circle CI
- Linux server scripting skills, especially bash and higher level languages, such as Python
- Automating installations
- Network configuration, setting firewall rules and other security policies
- AWS management, especially configuring VPCs, and using IAM
- Experience with Docker, Helm Charts, and Kubernetes
- Database scaling and clustering
- Scaling services and network infrastructure in a cloud or data centre environment
- Managed microservice-based service at scale
- How to monitor service performance, and automate scaling up or down
- How to monitor for security issues in an AWS environment
- Familiar with red/black deployments
- Experience with other AWS services, such as RDS Postgresql, Aurora
- Experience with non-AWS cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure, GCP, Azure Active Directory, Azure Active Directory Domain Services, LDAP
- Comfortable scripting in Python and/or Ruby
- K8s Istio Service Mesh, K8s Traefik Ingress Controller, Prometheus/Grafana, Zipkin, Jaeger, Lens, K9
- Experience with Chef/Ansible/Terraform
- Experience with tools such as ELK, Graylog or similar
- Experience working in a SOC 2, ISO27001, and other compliance environments
We're growing our team quickly, so if you like solving hard problems, want to have real influence at work and have the skills listed above, we'd love to hear from you!
More Information on Scope AR
Scope AR operates in the Other industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Scope AR was founded in 2010. It has 44 total employees. To see all 4 open jobs at Scope AR, click here.
Read Full Job Description