Senior Curriculum Engineer at Yugabyte (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:36 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 18, 2022
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build the default database for cloud native applications in a multi-cloud world. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. And the best is yet to come! We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
As a Senior Curriculum Engineer, you will design and develop both self-paced and instructor-led courses for Yugabyte University using an agile methodology and a content-as-code pipeline. Yugabyte University offers on-demand, self-paced learning for database architects, database developers, database administrators, and application developers. The goal of Yugabyte University is to provide a relevant and rigorous learning experience to hundreds of thousands of application developers and data engineers world-wide, empowering them to build cloud-native applications using microservices and YugabyteDB or Yugabyte Cloud as their distributed SQL database.
In order to design and develop courseware, you will work closely with in-house subject-matter experts such as product managers, engineers, sales engineers, and solution architects. You will design and develop self-paced courses that feature interactive hands-on labs, polished demos, and learning videos. As a seasoned technologist, you will create and deploy courseware labs and learning environments in a content-as-code pipeline using a variety of tools such as AI APIs, GitHub, VS Code, Docker, Kubernetes, Instruqt, GitPod, and Strigo.
- Produce high quality, innovative technical curriculum for self-paced and instructor-led training that empowers student success for various learner personas such as database developers, application developers, data engineers, and data architects
- Apply modern instructional design techniques, best practices, adult learning theory, and agile methodology to design effective and compelling learning experiences
- Design and develop immersive, hands-ons exercises for cloud-based lab environments using Docker, GitPod, Kubernetes, MiniKube, VSCode, Instruqt, and Strigo
- Continually design, develop, and update curriculum content using modern AI API tooling, Markdown, HTML, CSS, and Github in a content-as-code pipeline infrastructure
- Regularly interact with globally diverse and distributed teams in engineering, product management, marketing, sales, and services to both identify needs and curate content into impactful courseware that drives growth, adoption, and success
- At least 7 years of combined experience designing and developing self-paced and instructor-led technical curriculum and courseware from initial conception to delivery with an emphasis for hands-on, interactive learning at a enterprise software or SaaS company as an instructional designer, curriculum developer, course developer, or similar role
- Proven experience applying modern learning pedagogical approaches for learner-driven design, activity-driven courseware, and flipped classroom facilitation
- SQL, NoSQL, and/or NewSQL database knowledge including query optimization, performance tuning, and data modeling for both structured and semi-structured
- Hands-on knowledge of cloud-native application development using Node.JS, React, Spring Java, GraphQL, microservices, and related stacks
- Excellent experience creating hands-on labs using Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration, and/or public cloud container services
- Highly comfortable with the Bash shell command line, Linux environments, and at least two modern programming languages such as Java, .NET, Python, Go, Typescript, or similar
- Proficiency with GitHub, Markdown, HTML, CSS, and content-as-code pipelines
- Compassion and empathy for the learner experience, personal bias towards action, and strong preference for collaboration, interaction, and transparency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or Data Engineering, or similar professional experience
Interview Process: Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Our process usually lasts 2-3 weeks, and consists of a phone screen and Zoom interviews including senior leaders.
Full Health Benefits
Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
Internet and Phone Reimbursement
Home Office Setup Reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity employer, Yugabyte is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
More Information on Yugabyte
Yugabyte operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Sunnyvale, CA. Yugabyte was founded in 2016. It has 380 total employees. To see all 39 open jobs at Yugabyte, click here.
Read Full Job Description