Senior Consulting Architect - DACH at Dremio (Remote)
Dremio is the SQL Lakehouse company, enabling companies to leverage open data architectures. Dremio’s SQL Lakehouse Platform simplifies data engineering and eliminates the need to copy and move data to proprietary data warehouses or create cubes, aggregation tables and BI extracts, providing flexibility and control for data architects and data engineers, and self-service for data consumers. Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
As a Dremio Senior Consulting Architect, your mission is to do what it takes to help our customers rapidly obtain value from the Dremio platform after the sale. This can include hands-on work to install, size, and tune the software, work with customer’s IT and Data Engineers to connect Dremio to customers’ data sources, create custom integrations and product extensions when needed, and perform training to Customers’ IT, data engineers, data scientists, and end users on how to best use Dremio for their unique workflows.What you'll be doing
- Application Architecture: tailor reference architectures to provide performance, resilient, scalable, secure, distributed architectures which can exceed SLAs and are easily maintained.
- Data Modeling: design and test data models which are pragmatic, performant, and scalable.
- Application Implementation: show the customer how to write robust and scalable data access code that correctly utilizes drivers.
- Infrastructure: help the customer select on-premise hardware or cloud instance types based on workload and capacity assessments.
- Production Operations: help the customer deploy, configure, secure, maintain, monitor, scale, troubleshoot, test and tune Enterprise clusters.
- Instructive Consulting: in response to customer questions, provide ad-hoc instruction that is shaped by the customer’s specific environment, requirements and constraints.
- Identifying Needs: bring in the sales team when the customer will benefit from a services or license purchase / expansion.
- A Team Effort: collaborate with other roles in Dremio Professional Services, Technical Support, pre-Sales, Sales, etc. to ensure our customer is successful.
- In-depth, current, hands-on knowledge of SQL, particularly advanced SQL techniques used in analytic contexts, is a must.
- Data architecture, data modeling, warehousing concepts. Deep understanding of data architectures which support reporting and analytics use cases.
- Experience with ETL concepts, techniques, pipelines, tools, challenges
- Performance techniques for accelerating Reporting / Dashboarding use cases (OLAP, Materialized Views, etc)
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop Ecosystem ( YARN, Zookeeper)
- Hive / Impala / Spark / etc
- Cloud performance considerations
- Kubernetes / AKS / EKS
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to present on technical topics to various levels within the enterprise
- Ability to travel
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.