It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!Job SummaryThe Senior Cloud Security Engineer Information Security is responsible for designing, coding/configuring, and administering Cloud Information Security systems, specifically on the Azure and/or AWS platform. This person is expected to champion processes and technology as a subject matter expert in various cloud infrastructure and system technical areas and to demonstrate this ability at a senior level. The position works closely with teams in other Information Security disciplines, infrastructure, and operations areas to help provide superior protection to information assets. This role serves as a cloud security expert that mentors, educates and trains less experienced team members.Job Description
Essential Job Functions
Cloud Software Development Lifecycle, Security, and Tooling - Demonstrate ability to leverage agile experience by integrating security tools into the CI/CD pipeline (Dev-Sec-Ops), developing scripts, monitoring results, generating metrics, tracking issues to resolution. Demonstrate maturity with maintaining and enhancing a set of cyber security tools and/or products designed to improve/evaluate cloud security. Test new tools/products by developing use cases and performing proof of value activities. Performs automation and orchestration when/where possible.
Process and Project Management - Own the design and the implementation of key cloud projects and initiatives as they pertain to the organization's long-term security strategy. Identify areas of improvement where processes do not currently exist and drive the development and delivery of new processes to address these gaps. Manage ambiguity and deliver quality results with minimal supervision in coordinating projects, collaborating with others, and other deliverables. Demonstrates a willingness to escalate identified issues as necessary and the ability to identify when to partner with leadership to resolve issues, risks or obstacles. Builds consensus for delivering results while finding common ground for collaboration and partnership.
Documentation, Metrics and Presentations - Lead the creation of and the maintenance of relevant documentation including the ability to deliver run books, project updates, process documentation, architecture and technical requirements and presentations. Develop and deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through the understanding of the tools and deliverables by helping to develop, maintain and mature the associated reporting structure. Produce meaningful and actionable metrics through data analysis. Conduct data analysis exercises using Excel Pivot Tables, database queries, and other data driven analysis tools. Produces presentations at various levels of abstraction dependent on intended audience using Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Visio, or equivalent tools.
Leadership and Development: Successfully work in a team-fostered, fast-paced, multi-threaded environment. Serve as the subject matter expert for cloud security. Mentor, educate, and train less experienced staff. Demonstrate self-learning in gaining knowledge of new technical developments and ensure they are shared appropriately and applied within the department. Identifies and understands drivers for change and will act as an individual champion or partner with leadership to deliver those changes. Is viewed as an effective collaborator and problem solver. Intermediate to expert interpersonal, negotiation and oral communication skills expected.
Human Relations –Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism. Proactively identify potential issues and deliver well-reasoned solutions. Diffuse problematic situations and manage through conflict resolution. Decompose complex topics and break them down into laymen’s terms or analogies that help drive clarity and understanding. Viewed as an enabling partner that provides alternative options or supporting information when saying no to business or IT requests. Seen by leadership and peers as creditable, trustworthy and respectful.
Reports to: Manager, Information Security
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements: Normal office environment, some travel may be required. As the need of the business continue to evolve, this role may be asked to work an on-call rotation to include evenings or weekends.
Direct Reports: None
- Four or more years of experience in Information Security or Infrastructure with large scale platforms (cloud technologies), complex inter-dependent technologies, data centers, AWS or internal software systems.
- Working knowledge of web services, API, REST, RPC and how to properly secure them in conjunction with experience and practical application of cloud security controls based on industry frameworks e.g. Cloud Security Alliance.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Networking or Information Technology
- Certification: Security +, Network+, CISSP, SSCP, CCSP
- Five or more years experience in Information Security or Infrastructure.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally-enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread CashbackTM American Express’® Credit Card and Bread SavingsTM products.
Formerly Alliance Data, Bread Financial is an S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and committed to sustainable business practices powered by its 6,000+ global associates.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Disclosure of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment except where prohibited by applicable law. Starting January 2022 and to the extent allowed by applicable law, the Company will require all associates who will be on-site or who will travel or interact with others in person as part of their job duties to either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or undergo at least weekly testing. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider reasonable accommodations where required by applicable law.
Job Family:Information Technology