Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform, expand the surface area of integrations, deliver high-quality and timely features, and generally contend with an increasingly complex technical ecosystem. We’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who will bring creativity and experience to bear as they work collaboratively with a talented team on these opportunities.
Our ideal candidate understands how to build customer-facing software; they are a skilled communicator who enjoys working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers; they are self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
Some of the languages we use to build Highspot include Java, Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Apache Solr and Lucene, AWS, and Chef (but we don’t expect you to be expert in all of those).
What You’ll Do
- Develop highly-availability distributed servicesIntegrate Highspot with external APIs, including third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Content Management Systems (CMS), and other partner applications
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services, including Highspot’s external API
- Support and expand Highspot’s Salesforce integrations
- Help design and develop new product features and functionality
- Partner cross-functionally with UX and Product Management to create software that customers love
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation
- Proficiency in building, integrating with, and supporting APIs using a variety of languages, data formats, and data transformations
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools
- Experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
This position is available either in-office or remote, as applicable, at the following locations:
- Arizona - Remote
- Arkansas - Remote
- California - Remote
- Connecticut - Remote
- Florida - Remote
- Georgia - Remote
- Idaho - Remote
- Illinois - Remote
- Maryland - Remote
- Massachusetts - Remote
- Michigan - Remote
- Minnesota - Remote
- Missouri - Remote
- New Hampshire - Remote
- New Jersey - Remote
- New York - Remote
- North Carolina - Remote
- Ohio - Remote
- Oregon - Remote
- Pennsylvania - Remote
- Texas - Remote
- Utah - Remote
- Virginia - Remote
- Washington - Remote
- Washington - Seattle
- Wisconsin - Remote
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.