Zerion is a web3 smart, social wallet and investing tool that enables anyone with a mobile phone to manage their DeFi and NFT portfolios.
200K+ Monthly Active Users.
One of the largest players in the mobile DeFi space.
$1.3B+ transaction volume year to date.
100k Zerion NFTs claimed in recent campaigns.
We believe in an open financial future: one where people own the assets and have inclusive access to opportunities around the world.
We are seeking a talented and driven engineer with system design and architecture experience. This role involves owning the full cycle of designing, developing, and scaling key infrastructure services for hundreds of thousands of users. You will work with the backend team to improve Zerion’s key services, APIs, monitoring and scaling.
About the role
- Indexing. The main task of the company is to build an index of decentralized financial assets to quickly correctly display user portfolios in real time.
- Architecture. We are at the inflection point to scale to millions of users and millions of assets. Analyzing and maintaining such a large number of relationships requires novel approaches to building applications.
- Mission. The company's mission is to provide equal access to DeFi financial assets for all people with internet access. We are looking for people who share this vision and make it a reality.
What you will do
- Write well-structured and efficient code.
- Design and develop new functionality.
- Find bottlenecks and optimize existing infrastructure.
- Participate in the planning of technical tasks and code reviews.
- Make architectural decisions and implement new technologies and approaches.
What we are looking for
- Excellent knowledge of Python.
- Excellent understanding of how asynchronous services work.
- Solid knowledge of basic algorithms and data structures.
- Experience in the development and design of distributed systems.
- Proficiency in technical English.
- Willingness to work in a startup environment.
- Willingness to take an active part in product evolution.
You're likely to succeed if you have
- Experience with containerized systems: Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with message queues: RabbitMQ, NATS.
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL databases: Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with in-memory storage: Redis.
- Experience with monitoring tools: Sentry, Prometheus, and Grafana.
You are likely a perfect candidate if you have
- Experience with time-series data and specialized databases: ClickHouse, TimescaleDB, etc.
- Experience working with Socket.io / real-time applications.
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Understanding how financial markets and instruments work.
- Knowledge of Blockchain systems, dApps, smart contracts, and web3 applications.
- Side projects, open-source work, relevant conference experience.
- Founder / Startup experience
- You aped into degen tokens or NFTs and got rekt a few times
- Experience scaling products through constant learning and experimentation, in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries
- Excellent product intuition and taste.
- Passion for snowboarding, wake surfing, skateboarding, kitesurfing or other active sports.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
• Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
• People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space.
• Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary and stock options.
• Unlimited days off: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.
• Distributed Team: Zerion is a fully remote team with team members all over the world. We believe in asynchronous collaboration, finding your own work rhythm, and a healthy work-life balance. We also have a physical presence in several major cities around the world to make remote work seamless and fun.
More Information on Zerion
Zerion operates in the Blockchain industry. Zerion was founded in 2017. It has 26 total employees. To see all 4 open jobs at Zerion, click here.
Read Full Job Description