Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams around the world. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and millions of users on our cloud platform, we are advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Motivated by clear values, an AMAZING culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re on a journey to unleash the potential of every team. We’d like you to be a part of this journey.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Identity Platform division within our Mountain View, CA office. This division is an innovative and dynamic organization, and you will be joining a team of talented developers in designing, building, and operating micro-services and capabilities that handle billions of API requests daily to authenticate and authorize millions of users and applications.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java or other JVM based languages
- Strong experience designing, implementing and improving large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong experience leading features and engineering initiatives, working in concert with PM to make sure we're delivering the best software.
- Proven understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public or private cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Experience with great operational excellence practices (high-quality monitoring, incident response, blameless post-incident reviews, etc.)
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Experience in taking ownership of features, while working with a team on short and long-running projects
- Bachelor with 6+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study or equivalent work experience.
It's great, but not required if you have
- Experience with Kotlin and reactive programming.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Experience building micro-services
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
More about the team
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We embody the Atlassian values, ask the hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work.
This highly talented team owns some of the most critical capabilities of the Atlassian Cloud platform. The engineers excel in taking on scalability challenges, understanding the security aspects of authentication flows, and operating micro-services at a very large scale. We are passionate about technology, but we also like to take breaks from work. We love going out for team lunches, and we like to spend time together in team social events on Fridays.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.