Senior Automation Engineer (Platform Integrations) at Classy (Remote)
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior Automation Engineer to play a key role in designing, developing and executing automated software tests for the Classy Online Fundraising Platform. The ideal candidate has in-depth understanding of Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Customer Engagement for Nonprofits. Project Operations, Project Service Automation, would be preferable. Knowledge of how to build, manage, test and automate a managed solution and its data including the ability to test data flowing between the Classy Platform and Microsoft Managed Solution. A passion for customer relationship management applications which are instrumental in the success of acquiring and managing users. We are seeking a Senior Automation Engineer who is eager to roll up their sleeves, serve as a technical project lead for one of our functional automation groups and develop/implement automation solutions, quality control and process workflows. We want to talk to you if you love to do the right thing, are enthusiastic about your work and desire to be part of a high performing collaborative team.
Classy helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact by creating exceptional giving experiences. Our market-leading suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we create a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, creating new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Participate as an automation test engineer on a functional scrum team dedicated to building out a Microsoft Dynamics Connector for Nonprofits on the Classy platform
- Build new test automation for the MS Dynamics connector and supporting components using the existing test automation framework
- Work with team leads and test automation peers to ensure that the MS Dynamics connector and supporting components are testable by providing review and feedback of acceptance criteria and manual test cases.
- Participate in system design, requirements development, implementation and testing phases to ensure the acceptance criteria are met
- Collaborate with personnel across multiple disciplines and teams including: Engineering, Product Management, Design, Marketing and Customer Care
- Participate in continual Test Engineering code improvement efforts and work with fellow team members to always hold each other accountable for following best practices and procedures
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of your assigned areas of responsibility to achieve the team goals while meeting scheduling, financial, and technical goals as assigned
- Mentor other team members and share your subject matter expertise across teams
What you bring (Required):
- A love and drive to create Automation - cannot get enough of it! Passionate technologist!
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Computer Science - Software Development
- 7+ years experience designing, developing, and executing automated software tests on a fast paced scrum (agile) team developing a SaaS Platform, Distributed System, or Managed Microsoft Solutions - must be able to demonstrate Senior Software Engineer coding skills
- Experience working with SaaS Platform deployed to AWS
- Experience in the implementation and programming of business management processes - ability to walk us through the MS Managed Solution development process
- Strong interpersonal skills, intermediate level presentation skills, and professional demeanor with high level of pride in workmanship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly effective team player with high level of customer empathy who understands if the team succeeds then they will be thriving
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment on a high performing team that loves what they do and is looking for a like-minded teammate
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365, Nonprofit Data Model, Managed Solutions created in Power Apps
- Experience using Karate or Cucumber
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Nonprofit or online fundraising experience
Our amazing perks!
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.