Behind every outstanding human achievement, there is a team. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, our products help teams all over the planet advance humanity through the power of software. Atlassian's mission is to help unleash the potential of every team.
The Atlassian Trust Team's mission is to build trust in every team. We seek to lead our peers in cloud and product security, meet all customer requirements for cloud security and privacy, and exceed requirements for industry standards and certifications. A core part of our strategy is to craft a trusted development process, production environment, and platform that make it easy for Atlassian's own engineering teams to build trust into all of our cloud products.
We are looking for a Senior Architect that can help us build this trusted platform, while working in concert with the broader Trust Organization and all of Atlassian engineering.
About the Role:
The Senior Architect for Trust and Security is responsible for developing a principled and actionable vision for security, compliance, and trust efforts at Atlassian. They will work with a global team of over 100 security professionals to drive standards and architectural patterns that improve security, privacy, and trust capabilities, and reduce duplication of effort across all of Atlassian's cloud products.
As a senior technical leader, you will be asked to:
- Represent security, privacy, and anti-abuse perspectives among architects, product managers, and designers
- Resolve ambiguity regarding emerging security needs outside the scope of existing teams, capabilities, and programs
- Anticipate emerging opportunities and needs. Clarify context and roadmap; route them to a team or program - or propose creating one
- Coordinate planning and requirements gathering when they pertain to multiple organizations, security teams, or programs.
- Act as the highest level for technical escalation for internal, customer, partner, or vendor security questions
- Publish, speak, or otherwise represent the Atlassian Security organization publicly, and via internal conferences
Some examples of platform architecture whose technical evolution you may help drive in your first year:
- Access Management - creation of a centralized secret management system and integration of that system throughout our cloud infrastructure
- Communication Security - unified strategy for VPC and environment segmentation across our AWS infrastructure
- Data Security - data classification and unification of classification into Continuous Control Monitoring and our Policy as Code effort
- Operations - instrumentation of deployment pipeline to enable integration with the production environment including asset attribution and security monitoring
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Extensive experience as a platform architect within an enterprise SaaS company with a global engineering organization and customer base
- Expertise in SaaS architecture on AWS
- Deep technical knowledge in Security, Privacy, and Compliance requirements
- Experience with product and platform strategy in order to help prioritize projects, look for partnership opportunities, and identify missing capabilities
- Experience in making platform capabilities easy to discover and adopt for internal and external developers
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.