Security Engineer, Command at Uber
About the Role
Uber's Security Response and Investigations (SRI) team protects and mitigates cyber security threats across the company globally. The SRI team is made of three teams: Investigations, Incident Command, and vSOC (Virtual Security Operations Center). This role is on the Command team. As a Sr. Security Engineer - Command, you will be leading incident response strategy and communication, and will be at the beginning helping to build the global program.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Drive strategy of incident response for highest criticality cyber security events.
- Serve as point of contact throughout the incident lifecycle, interacting directly with executives.
- Conduct rapid response, mitigation, and investigations on the highest priority cases impacting Uber and user data.
- Partner with the team members in India to drive response and investigations globally.
- Support and mentor analysts conducting investigations.
- Manage multiple cases and projects at once while effectively prioritizing time.
- Produce concise yet detailed case reports for internal and external partners.
- You will be the incident response strategic expert for the cases you work.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Experience driving complex end-to-end cases to resolution.
- Willingness to lead and mentor others.
- Must be highly experienced in the incident response lifecycle.
- Familiarity with technical forensic methodologies and software.
- Passion for security.
- Experience presenting incident strategy to an executive audience.
- Experience in incident response at a global company.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.