SDE III - Full Stack Engineer (Remote) at LivePerson (New York City, NY)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are looking for a savvy Senior Full Stack Engineer to help us build automation driven and AI-powered applications. The ideal candidate is an experienced full stack engineer who enjoys building end-to-end systems and building them from the ground up. The candidate will collaborate with our software developers, data engineers, and data scientists on projects ranging from ad hoc research to deploying and monitoring production machine learning models.
The hire will be responsible for building tools and applications for data centric systems, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the software development needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Develop execution engines and backend services using RESTful API conventions and a microservices approach
- Build and maintain scalable web applications
- Develop with web frameworks such as Node.js, AngularJS, React, and JQuery
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data flows, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and stability.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Engineering duties include technical design, implementation, testing, support and participation in peer code reviews
- Collaborate and interact with multiple engineering and Product teams for the end-to-end implementation of new tools and applications
Your qualifications are:
- 7+ years of experience in development of Microservices, RESTful API, backend systems
- 5+ years of experience in development with web frameworks for interactive and reactive UI
- 5+ years of experience in development with databases, SQL
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Serverless Architecture - FaaS, DBaaS
- Web Frameworks - SpringBoot and React, Angular, Vue, Flask, Django
- Code repository and deployment pipelines - GIT and Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL and Cassandra.
- Bigdata Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Presto etc.
- AWS-based cloud services: API Gateway, Lambda, Load Balancer, DynamoDB, Glue etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.