RF Hardware Design Engineer at INNOPHASE
INNOPHASE is a rapidly growing ultralow-power wireless semiconductor startup with headquarters located in San Diego, CA. We are developing complete wireless solutions with significantly differentiated power dissipation/performance tradeoffs. Our innovative technology also dramatically improves wireless product flexibility and ease-of-use for product developers.
As a member of the Product Test Engineering team, the Senior RF Hardware Design Engineer (PCB) will be responsible for testing and designing RF hardware circuits and systems from initial concept through production. This candidate must have strong technical skills and knowledge, work effectively with limited information, share technical expertise with others and be creative problem solvers and effective communicators. We are looking for passionate and capable candidates to join our fast-paced and motivated team. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys a small and agile group where you can make a great impact.
- Design ~GHz RFIC test or RF system boards to support wireless communication chipset evaluation using Allegro OrCAD tools for schematic capturing
- Generate BOM and properly select components based on circuit analysis
- Support PCB layout engineer from placement and routing all the way to Gerber file tape out
- Coordinate among internal engineering teams to meet for PCB design requirements
- Perform troubleshooting and support PCB bring up
- BSEE/MSEE preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with RF board-level circuit hardware design and test background
- Strong experience with 2D/3D EM Simulation tools such as ANSYS, HFSS, or ADS
- A solid understanding of the physics and electrical principles of PCB design, particularly for signal integrity concerns, impedance control/matching, and EMI/EMC mitigation
- Knowledge of PCB schematic capturing and layout tools. - Allegro OrCAD
- Experience with concepts on RF impedance matching, S-parameters, Noise Figure, Frequency response, Op-Amp circuit design, component placement, trace routing, via stack up, power and ground planes, EMC control etc.
- Good understanding of wireless communication theory, RF transceiver architecture, receiver, transmitter, PA, PLL design and test considerations
- Familiarity with fundamentals of typical RF measurements
- Experience with RF test equipment such as Spectrum analyzer, Network analyzer, Vector signal analyzer etc.
- Able to work effectively with incomplete or changing requirements