Regulatory Standards Quality Assurance Specialist
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront. We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Independent Compliance Testing ("ICT") Program performs a key second line of defense role which is to help ensure regulatory requirements are maintained across the lines of business at SoFi. ICT's Quality Assurance (QA) function ensures that ICT sustains its commitment to its standards of compliance and regulatory adherence.
QA Specialist will be responsible for leading and executing QA reviews to ensure the quality of the ICT testing of transactions and internal controls across the SoFi enterprise, including SoFi Bank, N.A. The candidate will check and challenge work products to improve the testing program in a substantive manner. The candidate will have deep functional knowledge of applicable US banking laws and regulations, including broker / dealer, BSA/AML, and sanctions laws and regulations.
What you'll do:
- Execute QA reviews to ensure ICT testing adhere to program standards and policies
- Check and challenge ICT reviews including the scope memos, risk assessments, testing plans, field work, work papers, analyses, and reports
- Communicate issues timely as they arise for remediation during the process, and be proactive and professional with stakeholders
- Report QA results and findings to SoFi leaders and stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Train and coach ICT staff to ensure that any issues are remediated, that compliance requirements are consistently attained, and that an ongoing culture of compliance is maintained
- Maintain QA work papers in the system of record completely and accurately in a timely manner
- Periodically review the QA program to continue to evolve and improve ICT QA to assess its effectiveness and to adapt to industry and/or regulatory changes
- Engage and build relationships with various stakeholders including Business Leaders, Risk and Compliance Professionals, and Internal Audit team members
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree
- Deep understanding of the QA life cycle in the context of regulatory compliance
- At least 5-10 years of quality assurance, compliance testing, or auditing experience, specifically within financial services or a regulated banking institution preferred
- Strong working knowledge of US banking laws, broker/dealer, BSA/AML and sanctions regulations
- Confidence in verbal and written communication skills required; must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work and deliver projects and achieve targets independently, proactively, and under pressure
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership (methodical, self-starter, hands-on, detail oriented, and big-picture minded)
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate's experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi page!
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.