QA Engineer - Remote at Black Spectacles
Are you known for your ability to execute with a high degree of expediency and accuracy? Are you a direct and analytical person adept at working independently? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ QA Engineer role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a QA Engineer to ensure quality standards by performing all testing activities on our products and platforms.
- Own the quality of our products as we plan, design, build, test, release and measure releases.
- Test all front and back end features/changes to our products, including analyzing features and stories to come up with test scenarios to ensure proper functionality.
- Provide 2nd level support for all customer reported issues, such as triage and analysis, and reporting them in our defect tracking software (JIRA).
- Ensure customer satisfaction is kept high as a result of minimal errors or issues with our products.
- Significant demonstrated experience in QA (automation and manual) and software testing
- Strong experience analyzing requirements, creating test plans, writing test scenarios/test cases, and hands-on testing
- You have experience and interest in doing both automation and manual testing, with experience in at least one automation framework
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with hands-on experience releasing software with standard CICD toolset
- Experience using defect tracking tools like JIRA (or similar)
- Experience writing SQL queries and using data management processes that assist in testing features
- Strong multitasker capable of managing the details on multiple projects at one time
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with EdTech software applications is nice to have (i.e. video content, exams, quizzes, etc.)
- Familiarity with software quality measurements
- Jenkins/AWS Codepipeline experience
- ‘Work from wherever’ policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.