Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase Cloud is the leading blockchain infrastructure provider, and we are looking for an exceptional Blockchain Network Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team in the US or Canada. The ideal candidate is an experienced, motivated, self-starting engineer with a love for building containerized applications in a cloud native development environment.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and building a decentralized future that enables greater participation in global financial networks. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure for multiple blockchains, strengthen the entire ecosystem, and enable the pioneers of tomorrow.
What you'll be doing:
- Work to support new and existing blockchain networks on our platform. This means dockerizing, YAML templating, and otherwise writing code that facilitates different networks running on our Kubernetes based platform every day
- Research complex topics around specific blockchain networks including consensus algorithms, economic models, and node/network topology.
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members; we have a highly focused and collaborative team. Our team prioritizes creating a shared understanding of our systems/supported networks, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
- Contribute to blockchain network support discussions. We are looking for a strong technical leader that can help drive and own support for multiple networks.
- Participate in the overall blockchain network community. Join third party discussions and become a contributor to the development of new and existing networks.
- Build services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure
- Incorporate monitoring, alerting, and observability to support blockchain networks that allow us to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability and uptime.
- Write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline.
What we look for in you:
- 3-5 years of infrastructure or back-end engineering experience under your belt
- The motivation to self-start, and a proven track record of shipping quality product
- The ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- An analytical mindset. You should feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision making
- Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust
- Experience containerizing modern applications, particularly distributed systems like blockchain networks (though experience with blockchain networks in particular is not a requirement)
- Familiarity with Go and the Kubernetes ecosystem, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to build something meaningful in a groundbreaking, entrepreneurial environment
Nice to haves:
- While a degree in CS is nice, you don't need one--or any other kind of degree--to work here. Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines, and we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.