Project Engineer II, OCE (P2) - Hybrid at Raytheon Technologies (Hartford, CT)
| Hartford, CT
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:44 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Date Posted:2022-08-01-07:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USAPratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?Hot Section Engineering (HSE) is looking for dedicated individual to become part of our Project Discipline organization. HSE is looking for a talented, goal oriented, focused Project Engineer II to support Operational Commercial Engines (OCE).The Project Engineer will be an integral part of Hot Section Engineering and the OCE group. Project engineers are part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) made up of designers, durability engineers, structures engineers as well as system analysts whose goal is to solve module level/part level technical challenges.Key Responsibilities:
- Today, Many HSE CIPTs are heavily focused on solving highly visible tasks ranging from component field investigations/root cause to Class I component engineering changes, Production deliveries and Field Sustainment.
- Each Project Engineer is responsible for all the above relative to their component of responsibility.
- Activities would consist of coordinating designs (Class I & Class II Engineering Changes), fabrication (manufacturing/suppliers - vendor trips), validation (Engine Build-Test-Teardown, ACIs- Analytical Condition Inspection, FMRs- Failure Malfunction Report), and sustainment (Component Field Limits, CPR's-Field Inquiries, Deviation Requests) activities.
- Within the IPT framework, you would be responsible for handling tasks, leading IPTs, planning tasks and schedules, sustaining fielded engines, resolving manufacturing issues, handling budgets, and communicating task status to the Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) and Program Office.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or in a related field and 2+ years' engineering experience in any industry, preferably aerospace and defense.
- 2+ years' engineering experience in any industry, preferably aerospace and defense.
- US Citizenship required due to Government contracts.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Advanced degrees in engineering or business administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a consistent record of collaboration, innovation, and initiative.
- A passion for learning about and pursuing a career in aviation and aerospace.
- Creative problem-solving skills and adaptability in responding to new business challenges.
- Eager to learn new things, contribute a fresh perspective, and share your knowledge with others.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
More Information on Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Waltham, MA. Raytheon Technologies was founded in 2020. It has 27 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Raytheon Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description