GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, 20 million people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
GoodRx is looking for a hands-on Privacy Engineering Manager to keep information safe and eliminate risks across our products and internal systems. This individual will collaborate with GoodRx’s Lead Security Engineers and engineering team to ensure our services are well vetted and maintained. The Privacy Engineering Manager will be technically savvy, a strong multitasker and be one step ahead to ensure consistent coverage and eliminate any room for vulnerabilities, improper access, and data exfiltration.
- Key driver of code and architecture reviews as well as large cross-company privacy reviews of products, features, and integrations.
- Work closely with Security and Privacy leaders to help define goals that are properly aligned to company-wide goals.
- Serve as an internal technical subject matter expert on privacy across the organization.
- Define, document, and articulate a clear vision for privacy, and influence leaders across all of GoodRx to adopt a balanced view of product and privacy goals in overall decision-making.
- Provide leadership in developing and delivering innovative solutions to help enforce privacy practices with consistency and efficiency, at scale.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, and standards in support of privacy enhancements and security efforts
- Work closely with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product and Legal.
- Recruit, hire and mentor privacy engineers, of various levels of experience, into a high-performing team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Experience collaborating with compliance and policy teams, government entities, external privacy-focused community members.
- Ability to write code / perform code reviews in at least one modern programming language
- Solid technical fundamentals with particular focus on web protocols, databases, and data security.
- Privacy by Design fundamentals
- Data masking, anonymization, tokenization, coalescing, segregation
- Minimum 8 to 10 years experience in any of the following fields (in order of preference): Privacy Engineering, application security, software engineering, SRE.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience with Amazon Web Services products and services.
- Experience with PCI / NIST / CIS / ISO security frameworks.
- Extensive experience with HIPAA and one of CCPA/CPRA or GDPR.
- Experience with HITRUST is a plus.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and 20 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.