At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As a Prisma Cloud Solutions Architect, Americas Majors, you will be a guide on our solutions offerings for cloud-based environments. You’ll identify complex security challenges in your customers’ cloud networks and drive solutions using our market leading security services. You’ll have unparalleled resources and products, with a team that is dedicated to our shared success.
Your relationships with customers will help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches by being their resource all elements of the public cloud environment security environment, providing expertise in for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), and other Public Cloud systems. You'll provide training to our sales teams for enablement and education and provide feedback to our product management teams on new feature requests and product improvements based on your learning from your customer base. You’ll work closely with our clients to build strong relationships, guiding them through complex challenges that face their digital environments. Your technical assistance is what drives confidence in our solutions, ultimately setting our potential clients up for success.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of
- Strategy planning for moving critical data, intellectual property, and high-demand applications to Public Cloud
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (Alicloud, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform)
- Ability to discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and effectively differentiate against them
- Effectively lead and support customer demonstrations with our System Engineers that showcase our value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive, confident manner
- Act as the customers advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- Write code/scripts as needed (or be willing to learn)
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process
- Provide technical demos for strategic prospects and current accounts of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Assist with the training of new System Engineers in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be integral in winning over new customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- Experience as a system engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Good understanding & expertise of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, Github, etc)
- Understanding of API based security and compliance standards and Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex multivariate problems and find a systematic approach to gain a quick resolution, often under duress
- Mature and effective time-management skills
- Experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud installation, configuration and administration of security features and services including identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related standard methodologies
- Proficiency with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Working experience with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and fixing network infrastructure security products
- Travel up to 30% within the designated region, country, and/or theater, International travel also required on ad-hoc basis
- Programming experience in a higher-level language such as NodeJS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON, and/or Python
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Deep understanding of exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc. along with their creation and activation
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $177,800/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.