Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer - Segment EnablementWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Twilio Segment Enablement group, you’ll lead architectural solutions that enable us to build a cohesive platform and experience for seamless customer journeys across all Segment and Engage products.
You’ll be working across the Enablement group’s product scope and work directly with others to provide advice and guidance on implementation approach, engage in cross-team technical discussions, build relationships across architecture and engineering that help resolve bottlenecks and provide the best production solution. You’ll need to understand and articulate the trade-offs between new functionality and stability, and you’ll need to persuade all involved to make the right architectural choices for the long term technical and financial health of the product.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Become the architect and tech lead for the Enablement group within Twilio Segment
- Work across teams to influence decision making improving overall architecture and design
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, fellow developers, and internal stakeholders to turn business goals into achievable technical roadmaps
- Drive operational excellence, maintaining robust uptime and enabling continuous delivery
- Mentor a distributed team of skilled engineers
- Use your full-stack engineering knowledge to build delightful user experiences, components, patterns, and robust engineering systems. You’ll primarily be working in TypeScript, React, Node, Golang, GraphQL, and SQL.
- Reviewing code, offering improvements to practices and processes to impact the team and larger organization.
- Put yourself in the customers’ shoes by understanding how they use our products and advocating for solutions that represent their needs
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of experience building full-stack web applications using Typescript, Golang, Java, React, GraphQL or similar technical stacks.
- Experience as a technical leader mentoring and providing leadership to engineering teams
- Exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, good database schema design, efficient algorithms and query patterns)
- Familiar with operating services end-to-end, including debugging and testing, release management and operational monitoring
- You are comfortable working across functions and across teams in order to express and recommend trade offs, drive alignment, and lead projects forward
- You provide a deep understanding of the complexities involved in writing large single-page applications.
- You write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking while also ensuring the user experience is pixel perfect.
- This role will be remote and based in the USA or Canada. (This position is a remote role but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.)
- Occasional travel for offsites to the San Francisco office or other locations in North America is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - $220,100
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]