Store Code: Technology Innovation (27507)
What's Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is looking for a bright, energetic iOS Principal Software Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our omnichannel customer-facing mobile experiences. In addition to having direct influence in mobile domain, you will also be indirectly involved within web, mobile web, core services, and back-end business service application domains. PDL prides itself on creating the next generation E-Commerce platform for our valued retailers.
As an iOS Principal Software Engineer, you strive to remove barriers to success and are skilled at forecasting resource planning for the successful execution of engineering projects. You take the lead to work with cross domain leaders to design and develop the not only the mobile experiences for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch users but also facilitate the backend API contract definition and operation support. You use data for improving mobile experience, prioritizing deliverables, and solving problem. You use variety of tools including DataDog, DataDome, NowSecure, SonarQube, Splunk, and Cloudflare, as well as self-authored utilities for sophisticated time-based analyses and quality enhancements.
You value radical candor. You are honest and courageous with both integrity and humility. A true team player, you work to make continuous, iterative improvements, always striving to be 1% better, every day. You coach team members for best engineering practices, especially in iPhone and iPad app development. You commit to high quality and on-time deliverables by communicating clear goal, expectations and definition of done to internal and external teams.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Blend Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines with efficient engineering solutions to bring the best user experience to app users
- Run technical design review for any new features or requirements. Think through end-to-end flow and share the flow with internal/external team members before you code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code , and coach team members to do the same
- Test before and after releasing a feature, and proactively finding and fixing bugs and performance problems
- A proven record of accomplishments including leading and completion of notable app releases and examples of successful application of interpersonal skills
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience developing iOS apps
- Deep knowledge in iOS development and release cycles, which include the whole process from the first line of code to publishing in the App Store
- Proficiency in Swift, SwiftUI, Combine, unit test cases, and UI test cases
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Proficient in RESTful APIs, GraphQL queries and mobile libraries for networking
- Familiarity with the JSON format and parsing
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Familiarity with Git and GitFlow
- Experience using Firebase Cloud Messaging, Crashlytics, Analytics and RemoteConfig
- Proficient in Unix/Linux/macOS environments
- Have done production development and release for apps built with React Native, Flutter or Cordova is a big plus
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress - our people! Our vision is to become an organization where humanity is universally embraced; Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are infused in our business; and our PDL employees are representative of the world and the communities that we serve.
We believe in total wellness, which encompasses a balance of physical, financial, and emotional wellness. No matter where you are on your personal wellness journey, PDL provides access to a variety of tools and resources to support total wellness. This includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) with a strong company match, paid parental leave, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, generous and flexible paid time off and holiday policy, and an array of voluntary benefits including critical care, pet insurance, and additional life coverage.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 257604_external_USA-NC-Salisbury_12202022