Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Principal Engineer to join our Cloud Administration team. This role involves the design, implementation, and operations of the services to strengthen the enterprise readiness of our cloud. Be a part of a high-energy and dynamic team that delivers incredible, creative improvements to our products. You'll collaborate often with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Broad experience architecting, designing and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS with hands-on experience of one or more public cloud offerings (AWS, GAE, Oracle, Azure)
- At least 2 years of experience in crafting and implementing high-performance RESTful micro-services serving millions of requests a day
- 5+ years of experience building software
- A real passion for collaboration and has strong interpersonal skills supported by eloquently written communication
- Experience working with cloud-scale messaging, streaming, or storage systems
- Experience in operational requirements and common challenges of cloud-based systems
- Adept at working with minimal guidance and working with remote teams (peers, or customers)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Enterprise DNA
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .