Platform Engineer II at arrivia (Phoenix, AZ)
Do you want to help transform the travel loyalty experience for millions of travelers around the world? Do you want to work in a growing technology team that is building a high performance, scalable, and personalized travel platform? Our goal is to build and be the best travel content and fulfillment platform for our members.
As a Platform Engineer, you are a product-minded, customer-focused, cloud engineer who can help take ideas from idea to implementation. You propose is to implement various core components of the platform in collaboration with teams. As a member of the team, you will provide the technical expertise needed to overcome hard problems. By now, you would have built and supported critical components of products/platforms at scale. You will work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment that crosses multiple technology domains, business teams, and offices.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, test and deploy cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available in Azure.
- Design, implement and automate CI/CD pipeline.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Implement end to end solutions in the areas of DevOps, Security, Governance, CI/CD, and Containerization.
- Facilitate automation deployments to reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies across systems and data centers.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of Azure infrastructure and systems.
- Escalate and solve any technical issues that can prove risk to production systems and business.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation for architecture implementation plan, as this can be used for reusable patterns and trends for any future cloud solutions.
- Document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, especially recurring problems impacting production applications.
- Continuously evaluate platforms against emerging technology trends or business growth areas and target areas of opportunity to ensure performance and capacity exceed
- Ensure technology solutions are designed, developed, and implemented to meet business needs.
- Ensure technologies and processes are simple, standard, and integrated.
- Work on a cross-functional agile delivery team.
Who you are:
- 5+ years or more of software engineering experience in AWS/Azure Cloud platform
- 5+ years of experience developing, implementing, and maintaining required server components and automation scripts to host continuous integration/continuous (CI/CD) delivery processes suitable for large-scale, cloud-hosted applications.
- Advanced understanding of the process for designing, coding, executing and documenting results of infrastructure as code.
- Advanced experience in designing and building CI/CD pipelines with best practices using Git, ADO, Ansible, or other similar tools.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Management templates, Virtual Networks, Storage, Virtual Machines, and Azure Active Directory
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting very complex distributed environments, including following stack traces back to code to determine root cause analysis.
- Advanced ability to debug, instrument, and optimize infrastructure and container automation code, describe system performance characteristics, and automate tasks to reduce toil.
- Advanced Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Advanced proficiency with troubleshooting techniques and detail-oriented problem diagnosis.
- Advanced proficiency in application containerization, web applications, APIs or web services, and databases.
- Advanced experience coding in higher-level languages like PHP, Python, .NET, or Java
- Ability to influence leader and peers.
- Ability to easily adapt to change in the work environment and inspire others to accept / adapt to change.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills.
- Must be willing to occasionally to work weekends and often after hours. On-call status is shared 24x7x365.
- Microsoft Azure-related Certifications a plus
Who We Are:
Welcome to arrivia. We specialize in making brands better through the power of travel. With more than 55 years of combined experience, we’re a merger of three powerhouse brands (in case you’ve heard of us in the travel industry) combining ICE, SOR Technology and WMPH Vacations. With offices on both coasts of the US and around the world, we embrace diversity and a passion for travel across our global staff.
We’re focused on building a customer-first culture, fueled by the best travel experiences for all our members at every point in their journey. Grow with us, as we continue our path to deliver innovative solutions and take charge of change. The adventure is only beginning. We’re on a mission to help people around the world travel better and experience more. Our team members bring world-class skills to the table to create extraordinary memories for our partners and members.
Our Core Values:
Here at arrivia we…
- Stay Curious - Explore new challenges and make space to learn, grow and improve
- Keep it Real - Earn trust through open, honest and clear communication
- Own it - Seek ways to make an impact and take action.
- Win Together - Create a culture of connection and inclusion where everyone can be their best
- Exclusive Employee Travel Rates on Cruises, Resorts & Hotels, Tours, Car Rentals
- Medical Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401K Plan
- Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Pet Care Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dedicated Employee Enrichment & Recognition Programs
- Special local, dining and merchandise offerings