Operations Engineer at Catapult (Orlando, FL)
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with more than 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SPORTS TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Network Operations Engineer that possesses a thorough knowledge of IT and video systems, a good knowledge of computer applications, and knowledge of video tape formats. The candidate must be able to work with accuracy, precision, and consistency in a fast paced, high-pressure environment. The candidate must also be detail oriented as the position requires the ability to troubleshoot, and come up with solutions to problems quickly and efficiently. This position does require nights and weekend work to be available if, and when, issues arise that require IT / Engineering support.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain the Networking, Video, and audio, infrastructure in the Maitland office
- Work with the Senior Director of Digital Operations to create a regular scheduled day of maintenance
- Work with outside contractor to understand our Ingest system (knowledge of Centos OS required)
- Work on the local SAN to maintain file systems and structure
- Tracking issues when files fail and resolve any broken file issues
- Manage multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities.
- Work closely with the Catapult Production Team to verify what content is ingested and available on the SAN
- Comprehensive error reporting to various stakeholders
- Maintain working knowledge of the conferences that we are working with and the content that needs to be ingested on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients when problems arise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with Networking systems, and Broadcast video systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS systems, including Server 2012 and above, Mac OS, Linux (Centos)
- Knowledge of Adobe CC, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, and After Effects
- Ability to configure network switches and troubleshoot when issues arise
- Experience managing schedules in either Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Experience working with live events
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with others during stressful situations
- Ability to multitask well
- The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of video, audio, and IT systems
- The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in sports and technology
- This position does require working nights and weekends during College sports season
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.