Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve our ambitious goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As an Open Source Engineer, you will join Sysdig’s Open Source team and focus on industry leading Open Source initiatives like Falco and OSS Sysdig. Falco is the de facto standard for runtime security in Kubernetes. Falco is a CNCF incubated project and can count on a strong and vibrant community. OSS Sysdig is a powerful troubleshooting and incident response tool for containers. You will work closely with the Cloud Native Open Source community all around the globe. You will also interact with Sysdig’s established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe. The job involves working with the most modern, powerful and exciting technologies in the ecosystem, like containers, Kubernetes, the Linux kernel and eBPF. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position.
What you will do
- You will develop exciting pieces of new technology within Falco, OSS sysdig and their libraries
- You will become a contributor and possibly a maintainer of our Open Source projects
- You will be responsible for making releases and work on modern automation
- You will actively interact with users and the broad community, through tools like Slack and Github. You will help new adopters to get up to speed with these tools and help fix reported bugs
- You will become an active member of the community, attend conferences like Kubecon, deliver technical talks and write blogs about Open Source technologies, the Linux kernel, Falco and Sysdig
What you will bring with you
- Experience in C, C++ and bonus points for Golang!
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- Previous participation and contributions to the cloud native ecosystem are a plus
What we look for (Bonus points for)
- Bonus points for Linux system level development/Kernel development and eBPF
- Runtime security experience
- Experience in security and with building security products is a plus
- Proven public speaking skills are a plus
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our Open Source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career growth
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
- Meal Vouchers
- Company provided Wellness Days
Some of our Hiring Managers are globally distributed, an English version of your Cv will be highly appreciated!