At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
At Meraki, we believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering sensible, helpful, humble people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe. We are confident you will love it here!
As a member of the Security Operations team, you will have a significant impact on the security of millions of Cisco Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for people that eager to build full stack security tools in a containerized cloud/data center hybrid environment.
* Lead solution design, development, and technical deployments for critical security systems working with teams across Meraki
* Design and implement new network security technologies and initiatives including NAC and zero-trust networks
* Detailed knowledge of security architecture; resolves how to apply security solutions across different areas of the company
* Lead network efforts to mitigate and investigate security incidents
* Deep technical understanding of basic network and common Internet protocols (Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, TLS, HTTP, DNS, BGP)
* Experience securing and running large-scale web applications and major Internet host/network services (HTTP, DNS, SSL, etc.)
* Experience with audit and implementing new controls specific to with Government standards including FedRamp, DOD SRG, PCI, SOC, ISO
* Partner with business and technical teams to maintain highly available, performant and efficient security systems and services
* Author engineering level documentation, write and contribute to project plans, and develop detailed test plans
* Familiarity with public cloud environments (such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure)
* Experience working Linux/Unix environments
* Experience in a high-availability 24x7x365 environment with highly structured organizational change
* Partner with the greater security team as well as our product and infrastructure teams to build scalable and user-friendly security tooling
* Mentor junior engineers.
* Communicate clearly with our business customers, suppliers, and partners
* Participate in an on-call rotation
* Enable automation and self-service platforms for internal teams
You are an ideal candidate if you:
* 5+ years’ experience working with network security infrastructure (Router ACLs, stateful firewalls, load balancers, routers, and switches, etc.)
* Good understanding of incident response and response automation strategies
* Love learning about the latest security tools, infrastructure
* Have experience developing in a hybrid environment using AWS or other cloud providers
* Enjoy interfacing across other engineers and sharing your knowledge of secure coding practices
Bonus points for:
* Know and recognize common vulnerability types, including SQL/command injection, XSS, CSRF, and SSRF
* Experience with IoT platforms, large-scale distributed systems, and/or client-server architectures
* Cisco certifications will be a plus: CCNP, CCIE, CISSP, CISA, PCNSE, CEH, CISM
At Meraki, we are driven by the desire to make running sophisticated networks simple. Our firmware combined with a web-based dashboard allows customers to lead enterprise scale networks using a simple point and click interface. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We believe in fostering a positive environment by hiring, coaching, and motivating hard-working, effective, joyful people. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. Finally, we maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including an amazing office overlooking the Bay Bridge, stocked full of food and drinks.
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with breathtaking views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.