Manager, Software Engineering, Full Stack at Capital One (Washington DC)
Manager, Software Engineering, Full Stack
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Full Stack Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Manager Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
The Flamingos are a cross functional team that works on the Feature Registry and more generally, Governance, within the Feature Platform. What is a feature? Features are "well-defined calculations and associated metadata for reuse in machine learning models, analyses, or other operational applications". The Feature Platform is "the enterprise-wide platform that enables the discovery, computation, use, and monitoring of features for real-time and batch machine learning models and analytics". The Flamingos work on everything from API backends to CLIs to UI front ends to support the registration, discovery, lifecycle, access, governance, and metadata management of Features on the Feature Platform. There is also work planned for small data pipelines and state machines to facilitate automation of the above. The core stack is currently centered around Serverless AWS Lambda API's, with optionality for language choice (Python/NodeJS/Java), and a React front end. The Flamingos also put a high value on innovation and learning, especially about our ML Ecosystem.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that help meet regulatory needs for the company
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in at least one of the following: Python, NodeJS, Java or React
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or another cloud service
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).