WellSky is seeking an Engineering Manager. We are on a mission to elevate healthcare through superior analytics, processes, and engineering. Be a part of transforming the healthcare industry! Our users are Patients, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Administrators, and many others on the front lines of healthcare. WellSky engineers touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Chosen candidate will provide hands-on leadership, coaching, and mentoring for full-stack development teams that build and enhance products for our SaaS product line. Ensure we keep the talent bar high and continuously grow the skills and capabilities of the agile teams. Provides technical leadership, insights, and motivation to multiple teams, working towards delivering reliable, efficient, high quality software solutions, and delivering features, enhancements, bug fixes and other deliverables on time with required operational efficiency.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Direct and manage product development from architecture and design to delivery while providing hands-on technical guidance, mentoring, and leadership in full stack development.
- Understand the business value, market strategy, overall architecture, performance, risks, etc., so that you and your team can support the product roadmap (e.g. making recommendations on staffing, hardware, 3rd party software, etc.) with focus on increasing customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise team members and contractors, promoting accountability for assigned work; mentor team members on career growth and technical skill advancement.
- Encourage innovation, outside-the-box thinking, and teamwork; instill a mindset of continuous improvement.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5 or more years of experience as an Engineering or Delivery Manager leading global teams
- 10+ years’ experience in software design and development
- 5+ years of experience working on a SaaS product
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile team
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience software architecture and design pattern knowledge
- Experience with database architecture and data access patterns knowledge
- Proven ability to design, code, edit, and debug computer programs efficiently, including automating tests as appropriate
- Adept at conducting research into architectural and technical issues
- Excels in a fast-paced environment
Do you stand above the rest?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors
- Experience with Angular, .NET Core, SQL Server
- Experience with GCP
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive innovation.
- We include a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.
Connect with Ideas That Truly Matter!
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.