Manager, DevOps Technology Risk Oversight at Capital One (East Bay)
Manager, DevOps Technology Risk Oversight
Capital One is one of the fastest growing organizations in the world today. The growth of the business is being accelerated by leveraging innovative and emerging technologies. We are serious about technology, we dream big, and we execute: Capital One moved our entire enterprise to the public cloud over the course of five years, fully exiting our data centers. Just as we prioritize driving innovation through technology, we equally prioritize cybersecurity and managing technology risk. Technology Risk Management (TRM) is a small organization that packs a big punch. The roughly seventy professionals in TRM are trusted expert advisers who shape decisions, challenge activities to ensure they meet our standards, and generally oversee technology and information security risk across the business and the central technology organization. TRM is a second line organization, which means it is independent and does not sit within the technology organization.
TRM plays a critical role in ensuring that the company's risk-taking entities are aware of the risks inherent in their activities and decisions, the impact of their actions on the company at an enterprise level, and opportunities to reduce, mitigate or avoid the risks altogether. Associates within TRM are highly-skilled information security, cybersecurity, site reliability engineering, technology, and risk management professionals who have a wealth of experience and a demonstrated ability to provide value added recommendations and deliver high-impact results in their areas of expertise.
This position - Manager, DevOps Technology Risk Oversight - will play a key role in the review, risk identification, risk assessment, reporting, and effective challenge of processes, controls, and capabilities in the software reliability and resiliency Risk domain. This individual will provide subject matter expertise, oversight, and effective challenge of key Technology Risks as it relates to infrastructure as code, automation, As part of the second line of defense, this position will also collaborate closely with associates in first line Resiliency and Reliability teams, Enterprise Architects, other Lines of Business, as well as other second line of defense risk management offices to perform and support evaluations of the effectiveness of the firm's controls infrastructure and offer independent advice and recommendations regarding ways to further mature the firm's technology risk management capabilities.
As a member of a growing organization, you will have the opportunity to shape and further refine your portfolio commensurate with the priorities of the organization and the firm. The position affords opportunities for substantial growth and development opportunities. The demands and high-visibility nature of this position require an expert with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin contributing immediately.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Play a lead role in identifying areas of DevOps technology risk to provide oversight, analysis, effective challenge, and risk-informed recommendations and expertise.
- Provide technical assessments of DevOps, cloud cybersecurity and technology capabilities.
- Identify and develop new DevOps technology risk assessment methodologies to enhance the assessment process.
- Draft assessments for senior management and other stakeholders, to include regulatory agencies and the Board of Directors, as needed.
- Stay current on emerging cyber threats and potential implications to the firm.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders, and leaders across multiple organizations to achieve objectives.
- Coordinate program-related activities and deliverables to ensure effective collaboration within the team and across stakeholder groups.
- Tracking and monitoring of risk mitigation plans.
- Responsible for establishing strong working relationships with first, second, and third line functions in the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of risk remediation programs and processes and to establish and/or improve engagement and interaction models.
- Actively identify emerging risks through technology self-assessment testing, and BAU meetings/discussions. Escalate operational risk events as appropriate.
- Engage with application owners and management team to define corrective action plans, and monitor progress to ensure issues and initiatives are addressed timely.
- A bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience as a software engineer or Site Reliability Engineer or System administrator
- At least 4 years of experience consulting, or auditing, or working in the fields of information security or information technology
- At least 2 years hands on experience withContinuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)tools such as Jenkins, or Bamboo, or Terraform, or CloudFormation, or Grafana, or Prometheus
- At least 1 year of experience drafting reports or analytic assessments for senior management
- Professional certification: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security Speciality, AWS Certified Developer, or AWS SysOps Administrator
- Experience with Configuration Management platforms such as Chef or Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with build automation and integration tools such as Jenkins or Maven
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and the software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of Agile models and methodology
- Strong knowledge of risk management methods, standards, processes, governance models, and industry standard risk analysis approach.
- Ability to identify efficiencies and opportunities to automate how our team provides effective oversight and challenge
- Ability to work cross-functionally, individually, and to lead work among a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, and to influence as warranted and appropriate to drive to consensus
- Execution oriented and a self-motivator
- Passion and expertise in cloud and modern technology trends with an ability to be confident, respectful, and articulate when registering dissenting or unpopular opinions
- Ability to manage multiple high-visibility and high-impact projects while maintaining superior result
- Prior experience working in financial services or other highly-regulated sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).