Manager, Cloud Engineering at Agile IT (Remote)
WHO WE ARE:
100% unapologetically focused on Microsoft cloud services, we are able to deliver strategic consulting & technical implementation through a single vendor for our customers.
With offices in San Diego and Washington DC, Agile IT has been providing cloud-related services to progressive companies nationwide since 2006. Agile IT is a Digital Transformation expert focused on Cloud Computing, Security, and Software as a Service. We specialize in migrating and managing IT services for customers looking to get the most from their IT investments.
THE FUN STUFF:
Would you love to work at a company that is transparent and all-inclusive? Are you interested in continuously learning and applying new skills? Are you looking for multi-featured benefits that include competitive and attractive compensation, holidays, combined vacation and sick days, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, casual dress, flexible spending accounts and more?
With Agile IT you will enjoy a fun, friendly atmosphere with engaged and like-minded co-workers, snacks and beverages, and a bunch of other fun stuff like dogs (when we get back to the office). For now, we are 100% remote.Job Description
You are a proven Senior Cloud Engineer with 3-6 years of management experience. You have a passion for working with the latest technologies, love to solve problems, focus on delivering solutions that solve customers' business challenges, and thrive in a team environment. You need to have the drive and passion to learn the future of IT services. If you learn by building out labs, trial and error, and love to pick the brains of smart people, then it sounds like you’d be a cool fit!
The Cloud Engineering Manager must have a strong technical background in the field of Windows infrastructure with a solid understanding of Microsoft 365 and Azure. Successful projects require clear communication (primarily written), setting clear expectations, managing and collaborating with Agile IT project managers, and maintaining clear communication with customers. The Cloud Engineering Manager is key in providing leadership to the engineering team, as well as project managers, to execute towards consistent project success both on time and on budget.Qualifications
WHAT YOU DO:
- Provide leadership for delivery team for both engineers and project managers, including planning, coaching, recruitment, selection, performance development, and mentoring
- Monitor staff performance by working with employees to implement goals and document progress
- Manage day-to-day activities such as resource scheduling conflicts, expense review and approval, utilization reporting, time management, customer support, etc.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on complex projects which includes identifying risks and mitigation
- Manage staff to ensure all duties are performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform resource planning and allocation and support direct reports in meeting work requirements
- Build a high performing team of mixed technical subject matter experts while mentoring them on soft skills and career planning
- Collaborate with Agile IT leadership and Microsoft to provide learning paths and deployment strategies for new products and services
- Contributor in defining and mapping Agile IT services and Microsoft cloud capabilities to compliancy controls such as NIST 800-171, CMMC, HIPAA, etc.
- Drive initiatives in improving processes for discovery, documentation, deployment strategies, and engineering and project management execution
- Serve as escalation point for project issues for both internal and external stakeholders, as well as collaboration point with Microsoft for CSP ticket escalation
- Report on delivery team Key Performance Indicators for weekly management meeting
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
The following are key areas that the ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge and direct execution responsibility for. Candidates submitting for this role do not have to all have all of these strengths, but the more the better.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) (Forests/Domains/Group Policy)
- Microsoft Exchange administration and operations
- Common Messaging Technologies and Standards: DNS, SMTP, SSL/TLS, and Mail flow
- Microsoft Office client deployment/configuration, profiles, and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Outlook core components: Auto discovery, PST, OST, GAL
- Windows client deployment, operations, and troubleshooting
- Windows Server administration, support and backup
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
Technical knowledge in these areas are a plus and will be a core collection of capabilities that you'll both learn and manage within the engineering team.
- Microsoft 365: Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, MFA, Conditional Access, Intune
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Virtual networking, virtual machines
- Microsoft Security: Azure Security Center, Sentinel, Cloud App Security, Defender
- Active Directory migration projects including ADMT migrations, AD LDS, and LDAP
- SAML 2.0 and cloud SSO providers such as Azure AD Premium, Okta, or ADFS
THE FINE PRINT:
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for occasional work offsite. Background checks, pre-employment aptitude, skills and personality testing are a mandatory part of the recruitment process. Currently, Agile IT is 100% remote in accordance with state and federal guidelines. All Agile IT employees are provided laptops and home office equipment. Due to the contractual requirements of our work with government entities, all hires must be US Citizens.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full time exempt
- Salary range $130,000 - $195,000
- 401(k) with matching
- Combined PTO
- Hybrid/Remote work (based on specific role/responsibilities)