Lead iOS Engineer at FIGS
Are you self-motivated? Results-driven? Do you want to be on the ground floor of building out an app and a team? Yes? Then we want to talk to you! Here at FIGS, we are building out a software engineering team to build and extend our growing e-commerce platform. We are looking for an exceptional engineer who can help us architect and build our first custom mobile app.
Not only will you be building the app, but you will also be the first mobile developer hired, and have significant influence in how we build out our mobile development team. Our current platform uses a combination of Shopify, Contentful, and custom built APIs to deliver a world-class web-based experience. We want to take those same services and use them to build a world-class mobile application. This is a greenfield project. There is no legacy code to maintain or support. Your mandate will be to help us build a scalable and maintainable app architecture. You can build the mobile stack as you see fit, except writing your build process in Haskell. LOL, no. We have limits.
Does this sound interesting? Keep reading.What you'll do:
- Work as an engineer on defining our initial application architecture.
- Work with engineering management to figure out our project timeline and initial team hiring goals.
- Work product management and design to figure out the initial features and go to market plans for our app.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience or education.
- 3-5+ years working on mobile applications for iOS.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- A preference for TDD-style development over YDD (YOLO driven development).
- Extensive experience with Swift. Objective-C experience is also a good bonus.
- Experience building adaptive user interfaces in iOS.
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL backend service layers.
- Awareness of common security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them.
- Demonstrated ability to architect scalable and maintainable applications.
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks like Appium or EarlGrey.
- Experience working with an e-commerce framework like Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce.
- Experience setting up CI/CD build processes and pipelines.
- Experience with React Native development.
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration: we work in small cross-functional teams and as individual engineers. We are not afraid of challenges and working together to tackle them.
- Positive attitude: we are self-starters who love to solve problems with technologies
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and an ownership mindset
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.