By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Engineering organization is ~50 engineers, on three teams: Transaction/Brokerage Management, Agent Marketing and Platform Engineering. We appreciate diversity of thought and backgrounds. Core Transaction Engineering is responsible for building the features of our main product offering.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- As a member of the Core Transaction Engineering team, you will deliver medium to large projects and features to our React applications and our Node.js backend. You will also write a full suite of automated tests with every new feature and bug fix to ensure production stability (unit, integration, e2e)
- You will also be in charge of evaluating and articulating end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, quality, scalability, security, performance, etc) as well as identifying tech debt and making recommendations on how to tackle it
- You will work with and help mentor other engineers, help in crafting solutions to problems, and communicate with leadership about the needs of the team
- Lastly, you will uphold application performance, security, and standard methodologies within the team by providing constructive criticism during code reviews
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- We are looking for someone with at least 7 years of experience building web applications in production environments. You should be able to write clean, documented, and well-tested code
- On the frontend side, you have worked with React for the last few years. You should be very comfortable with React 16/17, you should know the standard methodologies and patterns, hooks, and suspense
- On the backend side, you must have experience with writing production Node.js code. You should be able to work with SQL and NoSQL databases, design and implement APIs, and transform requirements into clear business logic
- You should also have experience with testing. At Side, we use Jest for unit tests and Cypress for frontend End to End tests. You should have experience writing meaningful tests with both frameworks
- On top of being a great engineer, you have experience mentoring other engineers who need help and guidance
- It would be a plus if you have experience with GraphQL, Firebase, or accessibility but it is not required
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development credit
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description