Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on – Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Lead Application Architect is recognized by the project team and customer as the technical expert for the application, and serves as a point of escalation for technical questions and concerns. The Lead Application Architect is responsible for leading a team to successfully deliver an application suited to the customer’s business and performance goals.
- Works with Director of Application Architecture to solve complex and unique architectural and data issues that have a company-wide impact
- Defines the applications required to operationalize the business imperatives, and how the components of each applications relate to each other
- Works across the Architecture teams to ensure the application components align with the application architecture and meet application performance goals
- Identifies and address application and data issues that affect application integrity.
- Identifies cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business architecture integrity.
- Transforms customer requirements into user and application required
- Serves as a trusted advisor of the customer
- Performs Design / Code Review(s)
- Participates in Conformance Review(s)
- Increases the level of buyer confidence by providing key inputs during the opportunity phase
- Serves as a mentor for junior level employees
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with technical emphasis
- Minimum of 12 years’ professional experience, preferably in implementing software applications
- Or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 10 years’ related professional experience
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Platform
- Experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience in HTML, ASP, and XML preferred
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems).
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
- Facilitation experience for conducting requirements gathering and stakeholder agreement meetings
- Familiar with Joint Application Design (JAD) session, prototyping, Conference Room Pilot (CRP), and similar approaches and principles
- Familiar with business process design concepts and principles.
- Familiarity with insurance products, rules and methodologies desirable
- Familiarity with merge fields for Microsoft Word and Adobe.
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.