Java Developer Instructor (West Coast) at Per Scholas (Remote)
Title: Java Developer Instructor (West Coast)
Start date for class: Late March/Early April 2022
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are currently seeking a Java Developer Lead Instructor to join our organization. This person will join our Curriculum & Adult Learning organization. They will be responsible for the following:
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support instructor-led training that prepares students for entry-level to mid-level careers in Java Development. Responsibilities include daily instruction, assessment administration, attendance, one-on-one tutoring, daily evaluation and monitoring of individual student progress, addressing student violations with students in a consistent manner, and more
- Provide students with access to relevant resources for outside learning on technologies and study aids relevant to the curriculum
- Work closely with the team to identify student needs, provide the necessary support, establish individualized plans for student achievement, and participate in regular student-status meetings.
- Maintain and update Salesforce and/or our LMS with student grades, certification, scores, and progress notes.
- Support and maintain the training curricula, syllabi, lesson plans, and any other classroom materials.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Knowledge of database-management systems, SQL commands, functions, joins, subqueries, CRUD tables.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structure etc.
- Knowledge of how to debug.
- Familiarity with DevOps, experience with CI/CD, Github, Jenkins etc.
- Ability to respond with clarity to live digital conversations via a digital engagement platform such as Zoom.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and associated concepts such as XML Schemas, WS specifications, SOAP, Messaging, etc.
- The ability to write content and curriculum related to instructional outcomes is a plus
- Experience with Angular 8 or above and ReactJS
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development, and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities with leading employers, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 17 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 14,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology. Per Scholas has campuses in Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Phoenix, AZ; and Seattle, WA.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at [email protected] We look forward to viewing your application! Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.