IT Systems Engineer at ExtraHop
We are ExtraHop. We're on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
We’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Are you an engineer who loves to create a solid operational foundation, but also enjoys solving fast-moving and emergent needs? Let's meet.
What does IT at ExtraHop look like?
ExtraHop is one of IDG's 2020 Best Places to Work in IT. As part of the ExtraHop IT (EHIT) team, you will be designing, maintaining, and occasionally breaking our customer-facing and internal systems. Our needs are fast-moving, and we understand managed risk. We are a close-knit and mutually supportive team with an emphasis on cross-training and sharing. Duties often overlap and flow, even across team boundaries.
We follow principles aligned with DevOps methods to ensure agility while anticipating future needs to reduce waste. Some of our tooling is developed in-house, but there is plenty of systems and configuration work to do without writing code. We version control all the things, prefer serverless when we can, containers when we can't, but we don't shy away from doing it old school when the need fits.
What you will do
- Ensure 24x7 responsiveness of services and infrastructure, including on-call rotation for production services.
- Design and manage the monitoring of production systems, using both ExtraHop NDR products and conventional tools.
- Add to our internal and user-facing knowledge bases, including design documents, playbooks, diagrams, and documentation.
- Design and construct secure, future-proof, hybrid/multi-cloud services and networks.
- Implement and improve human and automated workflows for operations and support.
- Learn and grow as an engineer and as a colleague.
Who you are
- 2+ years in Unix/Linux systems administration, network management, information security, or software development.
- Experience using Shell/Bash and other automation tools in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with a distributed version-control workflow in a team setting.
- Experience with web infrastructure concepts, operations, and deployment.
- Interest in cloud and serverless infrastructure.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Well-practiced collaborative skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Self-directed problem-solving capacity; able to explain choices while building consensus with peers and partners.
- A security-oriented mindset in all operational matters.
- Opinions! The best engineers have well-formed points of view even when they disagree collegially with their peers. It is okay to like emacs if you can discuss it with someone who prefers vi.
- General understanding of virtualization platforms (e.g. Linux KVM).
- Experience with cloud virtualization platforms: AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Microsoft Windows experience is useful but is not required: we are primarily a Mac (desktop) and Linux (servers) house.
- Linux/Unix configuration management systems implementation and configuration such as Ansible, puppet, or chef.
- Experience configuring and deploying network switching/routing equipment.
- Thoughts on the Oxford comma and double sentence spacing. #LI-BKW
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits* to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Generous Parental Leave
*Benefits outside of the US vary by region.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?