We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
To strengthen our growing Enterprise Applications team, we are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect (Integrations), passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. You will synthesize a product vision into key technical decisions and partner with Business Units and engineering teams to buy, build, launch, and scale platforms. You will report to the Manager of PM and Engineering (Integrations), and be part of the larger Coinbase Enterprise Applications and Architecture Organization.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Create reusable and scalable frameworks and architecture patterns for Enterprise platform integrations using technologies such as MuleSoft, AWS, Apache, Kafka.
- Collaborate with internal product, infrastructure and data teams to identify the latest technology best practices and recommendations.
- Work with Enterprise Business Units to ensure platform best practices are followed including security, integration design, devops and source control.
- Work with external vendors on implementation of trial software, POCs and issue resolution.
- Work with Infra and EAA DevOps to ensure any updates with regards to Infra are reflected in small accounts.
- Ideate on technical solutions and assist in decisions to identify the best fit design patterns for integrations.
- Establish good standard security measures across the board and act as vigilante for enforcing secure architecture.
- Perform discovery for complex initiatives and create POCs wherever applicable
- Conduct technical sessions for EAA Integrations as well as the broader EAA team for technology best practices.
- Keep an eye on upcoming new product features and advances in the industry to enhance internal efficiency and productivity.
- Document learnings and create Run-books of new setups for the team to follow.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years total experience in software solutioning and architecture with a strong computer science background.
- 4+ Years experience working with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform or similar integration tools for designing and developing Enterprise Platform Integrations and APIs
- Knowledge of Salesforce Streaming Services and Connected Apps
- Experience creating API integration solutions with internal and external systems including Salesforce, NetSuite, Work Day and other legacy and cloud-based solutions
- Mentoring and coaching internal technical teams through training sessions with an eye on continuous improvements.
- Good communication skills and ability to grasp requirements and work independently in an agile working environment.
- Improve internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the knowledge base, blogs, and brown bag lunches
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- MuleSoft Certified Platform App Builder and/or Platform Developer
- Knowledge of Salesforce streaming events
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $188,275 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.