Infrastructure Engineer/System Administrator at Iterable (Remote)
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies. We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
IT Engineering at Iterable is responsible for ensuring Iterators have tools that are secure, effective, and easy to use. We strongly favor cloud first and are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who has experience managing modern cloud-first systems and tools. We use GitHub Enterprise, Hashicorp Terraform, & AWS services heavily, but still want you to apply if you have experience with their competitors as well.
One of our core values is Growth Mindset. Iterable is a company where everyone can continuously learn. If this is an idea that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Design and execute a plan to migrate existing manually created and configured applications and infrastructure to be automated and scalable.
- Identify and act on opportunities to automate & secure our existing infrastructure.
- Build and deliver a roadmap for a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment(CI/CD) platform to be utilized by Corporate IT partners and beyond.
- Be a subject matter expert in DevOps trends & practices, working with your immediate team as well as IT leadership to find what could benefit Iterable.
We are looking for people who can:
- Tailor their communication style and method to their audience. Whether it’s deciding to meet with someone 1:1, write up your findings in an email or doc, or hosting a Q&A for upcoming changes, we’ll want you to tailor how you convey proposals, answers, trainings, and more to your audience as you learn about both our team and Iterable as a company.
- Design, build, and implement a CICD, infrastructure management capability for AWS at Iterable.
- Evaluate and assess tools and, not just make tool decisions, but present benefits and drawbacks of specific tool decisions to your team and leadership.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code(IaC), Configuration as Code(CaC), and other DevOps practices to allow more consistent and efficient change in our environment.
- Make infrastructure decisions and explain their justification to technical and non-technical users.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum base salary for this position is $133,350/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Last Update: 2/1/22