We are looking for a motivated self-starter that wants to grow as we grow. As an Infrastructure Architect, your primary responsibility will be to ensure client success with Azure. You will be responsible for the analysis, design and planning of infrastructure and architecture of solutions in Azure, and other related technologies. The role is a technical client-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end client cloud deployment experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in client-facing roles and have success leading technical discussions with senior executives that drive key decisions and implementation.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate proficiency with the design, implementation, and support of cloud solutions, and exhibit superior communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and deployment of enterprise-scale Azure solutions
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish new cloud platforms
- Design architectures with Microsoft Azure to meet our clients’ technical, security, and business needs
- Execute on implementation plans to deploy Azure infrastructure and move workloads to Azure.
- Assist in internal Service Delivery Framework and IP development
- 6+ years of relevant Engineering & Consulting experience
- 3+ years of relevant Microsoft Azure design & delivery experience
- Consulting experience with large-scale implementations on Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure solutions, including enterprise directories, on-premises hosting platforms, and datacenter storage and networking
- Capable of communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Experience and comfort with delivering technical design workshops for enterprise customers.
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience in cloud architectures, including web, application, and database components
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager, Resource Groups, Virtual Networks, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Blob Storage, PowerShell DSC, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Site Recovery
- Experience with Azure Governance and Best Practices (Role Based Access Control, Networking Architectures, Cost Management controls, etc.)
- Experience with architecting, deploying, and documenting Azure Kubernetes Services including strong knowledge of service fabric needs.
- Understanding of Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps preferred
- Strong understanding of multi-region environments and global connectivity requirements
- Experience with migration readiness and planning tools (ex. Azure Migrate, Azure Site Recovery Planner)
- Understanding of security/compliance requirements as it relates to Azure services and regions
- Experience with infrastructure automation, including configuration management (Puppet, Chef, or PowerShell DSC) and infrastructure provisioning (ARM Templates or Terraform)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell / CLI) for deployment and management on Azure
- A strong desire for personal development and learning
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors
- Understanding of scaling technologies and solutions
- Strong project and product management experience