GSI Systems Engineer, Americas at Palo Alto Networks (Dallas, TX)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As a Palo Alto Networks GSI Systems Engineer for the Americas, you will be responsible for helping to drive go-to-market (GTM) development and outcomes with Palo Alto Networks’ most strategic and impactful GSI partners e.g. Wipro, Accenture, IBM.
As a member of our Global Palo Alto Networks GSI team, our SE will develop a localized technical partner plan that sets the table for how we will interlock our global and regional partner plan priorities and partner enablement objectives. You will align with the Palo Alto Network regional Alliance Business Managers, SE’s and Account Sales teams to drive partner awareness and enablement around joint solution offerings, sales plays and GTM campaigns where technical evangelism is required. The SE will be part of the wider Palo Alto Networks SE community, providing support and access to deep technical training and enablement programs.
This role will encompass a wide range of activities including, establishing technical relationships, building partner awareness, preference and competency for Palo Alto Networks across technical partner personas. In this role, you will help drive Palo Alto Networks Next Generation security platform & technology solutions adoption, deliver ad-hoc training, replicate best practices and demonstrate Palo Alto Networks products to partner technical personas and augment technical account team leads as and when it will help us establish a beach-head win for the Alliance. In this role, you will deliver and promote enablement pathways to the partner that will ultimately enable them to establish Palo Alto Networks product, sales and implementation competencies. You will also be expected to coordinate within the regional Channel SE organization, our Partner Program and Enablement Teams to resource specific regional partner meetings or activities, where local resources are required.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working across security domains, including network infrastructure, end point and cloud, within a large, strategic partner community.Qualifications
- BS CS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE, Channel SE or solutions architecture
- Demonstrable experience with technical security concepts: firewalling, sandboxing, IPS/IDS, AV, Identity & Access Management etc.
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L7 Networking, North/South, East West traffic flows (switching, routers etc), data center
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Self-motivated, able to work alone and maintain focus but also work as part of a team
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under time demands
- Ability to understand business outcomes and lead technical discussions
- Superb organizational skills
- Pride in one’s own appearance, integrity and reputation
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation
- Ability to travel extensively through the Europe and MEA region, occasional international travel, primarily to the USA
- Experience of service based offering development, potentially as part of a large Systems Integrator, Managed Service partner or Consulting firm
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security industry
Our Palo Alto Networks GSI Alliance team is a group of hand-selected individuals that are focused on driving our relationships with our GSI Partners, e.g. Wipro, Deloitte, IBM. This focused and experienced team works directly with our GSI counterparts, as well as internally and externally key stakeholders and constituents to operationalize and achieve our desired business plan outcomes. This role will be critical to ensuring we execute on time and on plan.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $177,800/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.