Functional Safety Engineer at TuSimple (Remote)
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Senior Functional Safety Engineer plans/coordinates all necessary functional safety activities encompassing the life cycle of the product, while also defining project responsibilities regarding functional safety. The role coordinates the distribution of responsibility between customer and company, including involved internal departments and creates/publishes the reports regarding the functional safety status of the projects.
- Conducts regular safety analysis specifying and verifying to ensure systems meets safety standards including ISO 26262 part 6, HIS and MISRA C
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements
Experience & Skills Required
- 5+ years of experience with JAMA, FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, ISO 26262, HARA, STPA
- 10+ years of experience in functional safety within automotive manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Expert knowledge regarding pertinent functional safety standards e.g. ISO 26262-6, HIS, MISRA, C/C++, UL4600, ISO 21448)
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Ability to identify functional hazards using progressive safety analysis methods (HARA, STPA)
- Ability to effectively conducting risk analysis (HARA)
- Ability to analyze system component single point and latent failures of system functions, using inductive and deductive approaches (FMEA, FMEDA, & FTA)
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This role is remote friendly. TuSimple's global headquarters are based in San Diego, CA.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: [email protected]