Full Stack/Backend Software Engineer at Spot AI (Remote)
With an easy-to-use AI camera system, Spot AI unlocks the power of video data, transforming that into Video Intelligence that helps companies improve their security, safety, efficiency, and more.
In the world of Video Surveillance, security pros would access systems once in a few months to catch the bad guy. In the new world of Video Intelligence, everyone at work - including operations pros, environmental health and safety, security, and the frontline workforce - will all use video intelligence to make better decisions every day.
Spot AI has been quietly building its technology and customer base since founding in 2018, and already has hundreds of customers and thousands of users. Notably, its customers reach well beyond tech early adopters, including transportation company Cheeseman, Mixt, and Northland Cold Storage.
In 2021, Spot AI scaled bookings 10x and is continuing to grow aggressively. Backed by Redpoint, Bessemer, and Village Global, Spot AI is well-positioned to disrupt the $30b video surveillance market and lead the $100b Video Intelligence movement.The Role
Spot AI’s See team is looking for a backend or full stack engineer to join our small but growing team of world-class engineers working on the core functionality supporting our customer dashboard. We are experiencing an exponential growth in the number of devices and video streams that we handle on a daily basis. As a founding member of the See team, you will play a key role in helping us scale our backend to the next level.
Our backend technology stack includes Golang, Typescript, Node.js, Postgres, BigTable, Apollo GraphQL, Docker, and Kubernetes.What Excites You
- Learning about customer problems and directly solving them with your work
- Designing and implementing backend services that scale
- Working at a rapidly growing early stage startup with significant impact on the company’s processes, culture, and product
- Collaborating with a small, distributed team of experienced developers
- Technology is not just a career - it’s a passion
- Build and own features end-to-end
- Shipping fast and iterating with 2 week sprints and daily code commits
- As a founding engineer, help define and improve best practices, standards, tooling, and processes
- Work closely with Product Owners, firmware, and frontend engineers to drive the design and implementation of key features
- Work with Technical Support and Customer Success teams to solve key customer pain points
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of shipping complex, production quality backend services
- Experience building and maintaining production systems at scale
- Experience programming in Golang and Node/Typescript
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with pub/sub messaging or event streaming frameworks
- Experience defining and implementing GraphQL server APIs
- Experience using Git, Jira, and Linux
- Experience with devops and infrastructure management
- Web application development in React.js
- Familiarity with video tools such as FFmpeg or GStreamer
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as UDP/TCP, WebSockets, and WebRTC
- Familiarity with IoT devices, IP cameras, network switches, or embedded Linux
Create Value: (1) Work backwards from the customer’s goals (2) Keep it simple (3) Be curious
Make Decisions: (1) Bias towards action (2) Focus on getting it right, not on being right (3) Bet on the long term
Work with Others: (1) Own your outcomes (2) Help your team (3) Communicate openly and deliberatelyWhat We Offer
- Competitive salary + startup equity
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K with Employer Match
- 14 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote flexibility
- Work from home stipend to set-up home office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.