Full Stack Software Engineer, Okta Integration Platform (Staff, Principal)(Remote Eligible) at Okta
Okta’s mission is to enable organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies. With over 7000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business.
The Okta Integration Network (OIN) Platform team’s mission is central to that of Okta by providing infrastructure and platform capabilities for the application and integration providers across a breadth of categories to integrate with Okta and for Okta customers to easily discover and configure these new software solutions and capabilities. We are constantly thinking about fostering network effects on the OIN platform by designing for reach and scale. Join us in building the next generation of OIN Platform, as we increase its footprint to even broader integration categories, in a supportive and collaborative atmosphere. The OIN Platform is used by millions of users in their critical daily SSO and Provisioning workflows and we are now expanding it to use it beyond these 2 critical workflows. We welcome personalities that are self-driven, think outside-the-box and most importantly kind.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/refine requirements with product management and other stakeholders by asking the right questions and driving clarity.
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts to ensure project and feature launch success.
- Design and implement high-performance distributed scalable and fault-tolerant software components.
- Have a high bar for test-driven development, design and code reviews while harboring a sense of urgency.
- Enjoy working across a cross-functional team consisting of QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX to create an extensible platform.
- Own features and/or systems and define their long-term health and observability and reliability metrics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Experience working with a system of scale.
- Experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience with Databases (e.g.: Oracle, MySQL)
Nice to Haves:
- Expertise in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC .
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
- Experience with Directory services (e.g., LDAP and Active Directory)
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer