Full Stack Engineer, Commerce Front Office Platform at Atlassian
If you are passionate about software and finding solutions to problems through agility, naturally curious, team-first thinker who thrives on delivering quality work in a supportive environment that encourages you to be your best, we want to talk with you!
You will be a key contributor to the Commerce Front Office Development Platform, which strives to simplify software at scale. On a typical day you will be working on challenging requirements related to different commerce initiatives. You will be part of the Atlassian's biggest transformation happening now - The Commerce Platform, that will be used across all the products/acquisitions of the company.
In this role, you will be a Full Stack Software Engineer working on various aspects of the existing Commerce Front Office platform solutions as well as new initiatives related to it. You will work with team members around the globe on a daily basis working diligently to unleash the potential of other Atlassians and be a part of a growing team building and supporting a product used both by internal advocates and external partners.
About the Team
- As part of the Commerce @ IT team you will be responsible for the development of Platform engineering services within the IT ecosystem [Marketing / Sales / Care / Finance / Order Management] of Commerce Platform.
- This global team of IT & CCP is in a unique position within Atlassian. We are at the centre of a lot of key strategic business-value driven initiatives and are responsible for delivering an amazing customer experience that allows our customers to try & buy our products with ease and delight.
- You will build a better user experience through close participation in our Agile teams that include a triad of engineering, design, and product management.
- You will leverage React, Typescript for creating a responsive user interface and you will design business logic in GraphQL. Your understanding and experience in CI/CD pipelines will help improve and maintain our continuous integration processes.
- You will have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects of platform development.
More About You
- On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years professional experience in a software development team
- Strong fundamental software development skills
- Proven experience building responsive & intuitive front-end web applications.
- Willingness to learn and be able to support the full engineering stack on a complex system
- Experience building and integrating REST APIs, GraphQL a plus
- Expertise with server-side software development in software design, object-oriented programming. (preferred experience with Java, NodeJs)
- Database MSSQL/postgres
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- CSS/JS frameworks knowledge
- Experience in the resolution of customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis.
- You have experience making progress through product experimentation.
- You value progress over perfection and have a track record of shipping value to customers.
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews, brownbags etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with Camunda platform
- eCommerce / Billing / Payments experience
- Automated deployment and release management tools
- DevOps experience using, building and supporting systems using a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with Postgres
More about our team
You'll be joining a team that is passionate about building great software and quickly iterating on ideas and work to provide customers with a continuously improving experience. We challenge each other constantly to improve, always asking difficult questions and pushing personal and professional growth. This team is focused on building features for both internal advocates and external partners with improved performance, scalability, and security in mind. Our team has a direct impact on the growth of Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .