Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
This is an opportunity to become part of the Volt design system team! We are part of the larger Marqeta Dashboard team (see below), but we build interfaces and experiences which power all of MQ UI! Our users include various browser users, contributors from many teams who help us write our code, developers and feature teams across Marqeta who consume our components and libraries, designers and product roles who interact with any UI, and business stakeholders. We have enormous passion for creating best-in-class user experiences for all of our user groups! Everything we do should improve the quality of life for one or more of these groups.
Join the rapidly-growing Marqeta Dashboard team to help shape and drive a best-in-class user experience and build core features and functionality that benefit all of Marqeta’s customers, partners, and operational teams. The Marqeta Dashboard is a unified web application that empowers all users (internal Marqeta teams, Marqeta customers, bank partners, customer support teams, etc.) to better administer and manage their card and payment programs. The Dashboard is where many of Marqeta’s product experiences come to life, and where customer engagement happens. We support the entire customer journey, from pre-sales, to onboarding, to live customer experience and program optimization.What You’ll Do
- Author and maintain UI components, interfaces, and libraries for our global design system which are accessible, responsive, performant, scalable, robust, and developer friendly; help us raise the bar to make it best-in-class!
- Build gorgeous, high quality, high performance, well tested, and well documented user experiences which ultimately increases velocity and improves the quality of life for one or more of our user groups
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to implement the best solutions for our users
- Act as liaison between product/design and engineering, provide technical guidance and coaching, and serve as advisor and support role for the design system to all teams
- Contribute ideas and documentation for standards and best practices, as well as for continually improving the team’s efficiency, job enjoyment, and code quality
- Continually work to improve the state of the design system for our users through collaboration, evaluation, and planned experimentation/POCs
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Pursue personal growth by maintaining an awareness of the state of technology, engineering techniques, and best practices of design systems
- Evangelize the design system across the company
- Facilitate special project planning including requirements elicitation, scoping, tech designs, and decision docs
It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
- Passion, passion, passion for building best-in-class user experiences for all of our user groups, including end users, consumers, contributors, and other stakeholders
- Experience with native web + browser technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) and familiarity with and interest/passion for building and maintaining extensible components, interfaces, and libraries for the browser using the modern web
- Experience partnering with Product and Design to deliver high quality products
- Experience building and maintaining beautiful, performant, and responsive systems of UI components from product/design specifications
- Familiarity with web accessibility, performance, and responsive development
- Experience or familiarity with front end tooling, such as bundling systems (Vite, Rollup, Webpack, etc.), package managers (NPM), testing frameworks (Jest, Cypress, etc.), linting tools (ESLint, Prettier, etc.), and Git
- Constant thirst for improvement through collaboration, feedback, iteration, and planned experimentation
- Ability to independently and collaboratively drive results
- Experience working in payments or a highly regulated industry
- Experience with modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc., we use React)
- Experience or familiarity with React, Node.js, and GraphQL
- Experience with PWA and progressive rendering
- Experience with build and CI/CD pipeline tools
- Experience or familiarity AWS and/or cloud architecture for resilient frontend applications
- Experience working in a monorepo environment
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.#LI-Remote