Front-End Software Engineer at Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As an experienced software engineer on our product engineering team, you get to work on a growing team at Credit Karma that works across multiple products (home, auto, personal loans, and credit cards). You'll work on a platform that handles millions of members accessing their Credit Karma accounts, including registration, login, SMS 2FA, and account recovery. Also you'll also work on a platform that enables our members to go from clicking on an offer to approval within seconds, ensuring a seamless application experience in the app. We want to build an end-to-end framework for users to securely and easily access their accounts across all platforms and products. There is an enormous opportunity to build things at scale, move fast, and have a high impact across many different products, including Credit Karma Home, and Assets.
What you'll Do:
- Lead efforts including the build-out of new product features and development of reusable React components
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your ideas
- Identify ways to improve our technology and process
- Lead by example and mentor team members by providing technical and design guidance
- Write your APIs in GraphQL
- Design metrics and dashboards to empower data-driven decisions
- Lead code and technical design reviews
- Take an active role in the technical growth of other team members and the processes that support overall team growth
What's great about the role:
- You'll contribute to explosive growth and improve our product portfolio
- We are solving BIG problems that are changing old industries
- Opportunity to improve the lives of our members
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment that operates like a 'start-up' within Credit Karma
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 4+ years experience in a modern web component frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember)
- 4+ years of experience working on a multi-functional team
- Industry experience across entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or cloud services
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)