Alloy is an Identity Decisioning Platform, enabling innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, fraud, risk and other components of customer onboarding. Alloy’s single API enables its customers to access over 80 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline customer experiences. Alloy is the industry leader, working with companies like Brex and Marqeta, as well as top 20 banks. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Lightspeed Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canapi Ventures, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level!
What You'll Do
As a Forward Deployed Implementations Engineer at Alloy, you'll:
- Act as the data lead on Transaction Monitoring implementations, working closely with the Implementations and and Solutions Architecture teams to get new clients up and running with our transaction monitoring product.
- Implement our data pipelines in Python, processing data from different financial processing systems to our canonical internal data model.
- Deploy data pipelines to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and build event-driven automation using existing pipeline code.
- Validate client data - confirm data types, look for unexpected patterns of missingness, and identify consistent key relationships across different data sources.
- Participate in client facing meetings and collaborate with data engineers at our partner organizations.
- Clearly communicate concepts around secure file transfer and encryption at rest using public key cryptography in client-facing meetings.
- Write enhancements to our existing data pipelines and work with the data engineering team to release them.
- Provide architecture suggestions for new infrastructure as product scales, focusing on faster implementation and benchmarking/improving ETL run times.
- Review code from the data engineering and infrastructure teams and engage in collaborative review discussions.
- Procedurally generate insights into client data pipelines - what was successful, where were known errors identified, and does everything reconcile?
- In collaboration with data and infrastructure teams, monitor the health of existing deployed pipelines and remediate simple issues or failures.
Alloy is rapidly growing and expanding our product offerings. We're seeking a Forward Deployed Implementations Engineer to be the glue between our clients purchasing and implementing our transactions product and our data engineering team. You’ll get to work with a modern tech and data science stack - Postgres, Python (pandas, scikit-learn, jupyter), AWS, Node, React - that values collaboration, working reproducibly, and software craftsmanship. You’ll be a valued member of a friendly and experienced engineering team, working closely with sales, implementations, and engineering. Our data team's culture values curiosity, learning, connecting data to Alloy's strategy, open source tools, rigor, and a spirit of relentless resourcefulness
If you are analytical, good at tackling big, complex questions, and like the pace and career growth opportunities afforded by working at a fast-growing early stage startup, then we'd like to meet you!
Reporting to the Director of Data, a successful applicant will likely have these skills:
- Python (pandas, numpy, boto)
- SQL / relational database experience
- Experience with AWS, especially S3
Bonus points to applicants who have these skills:
- Data science / machine learning experience is a plus
- Finance experience
- Startup experience
- Majored in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Data Science, or Machine Learning
- API experience (postman, python requests)
In addition to prior experience, we strongly value candidates who are curious, humble, quick learners, and strong communicators. Having strong organizational and prioritization skills will help you navigate the changes in company structure, product strategy and mix of job responsibilities that are inherent to a growing startup.
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited PTO and we are remote until 2021 (or until there's a vaccine)
- Company Paid Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- $500 to just set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Monthly stipend for groceries from Public Goods
- Monthly food allowance for Seamless
- Monthly Gym Contribution
- Annual Citi Bike Membership
- Annual $1k Personal Development Budget
- Four Free Therapy Sessions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.